Into The Ashes

"To raise the darkness to the light, you must descend to their level...."

Into the ashes, an angel has fallen.

Her wings, stained with the dust of heaven, barely recognisable in the depths of twilight. Her heart, beating with the hope of awakening, scarcely visible in the waters of darkness. Her eyes, once open to the wonders of the light, are closed to the dream of eternal life...

And her spirit, battling to escape the hellish chains, knows not her power to reignite...

I have seen her before her fall.

Beautiful, transcendent, beaming with the radiance of the sublime - her wings burning with the fires of alchemy, her heartbeat passionate with the power of the light. Joyful, blissful, flowing with the rhythm of eternity - her eyes shimmering with reverent awe, her spirit enlightened with the presence of the Divine...

She was a Goddess. A Healer. A Queen.Blessed with the Highest of Heavens, she was Sovereign. Every day she would awaken to see the Stars Align, and every night she would Dream of Light...

But then,They came.

The darkness arrived. Encroaching upon the Kingdom of Life. The Light was attacked. Slaughtered by the wrath of night. A rift was born, between the forces of hell and heaven. A war was forged, between the powers of death and Life...

And a battle began, for the Salvation of souls. A battle for the promise of heaven, for the Destiny of the higher realms. And many were called, and few were chosen, to fight in the War of Eternities. Many were asked, and few answered, the quest to fulfil their destiny...

She answered.

She answered when the war took its toll, breaking the souls of those who swore to defend the Throne. She answered when the darkness swept the heavens away, from the Celestial Alignment, and into the void astray. She could not bear to see the fall of night, entering the Heart of the Sovereign Light. She did not wish to see her lovers fall, into the depths of fear and rife...So she chose to fight.

Standing in the halls of the eternal light, gazing into the presence of the Divine. Bathing in the fountains of mercy, embraced by the beauty of the sublime. In her soul, was her desire to speak to the ascended. In her spirit, was her longing to commune with the Holy Light...

Through her willingness to serve, she asked the heavens high...

"The war cannot end, until the darkness learns to respect the Light. Who will you send into the realm of the Fallen, to save those who still have not lost their Light?"

The Divine looked at her longing soul, and saw innocence and purity. The Sovereign heard her plaintive plea, and saw hope and fidelity. She saw undying faith in her youthful smile, bursting with grace and integrity. She recognised the unvanquished love in her fearless gaze, that brimmed with power and majesty...

And the Light descended into her heart, and whispered to her those silent words...