Part 3

Violet and Skyler held their embrace, Violet's muffled hiccuping into Skyler's shoulder being the only noise in the still living room. Eventually, when Violet's breathing had steadied, Skyler asked,

"ViVi, are you okay? What's going on?"

promoting Violet to respond, but it would be another minute before she did so.

"I...I uploaded it, you know, the post."

She gulped and continued on,

"I, officially, came out to The Vi Hive, to the whole internet. We're official to the whole internet."

"Oh."

The silence returned, and it remained for a few moments before Violet broke it.

"I'm so sorry, Skyler."

"Sorry for what? Baby, we went over that post dozens of times! I read and reread the caption more times than I can remember; you made sure I knew exactly what would be in it; you did everything right by me."

"No, no, it's not that."

"Then what is it?"

"I'm sorry you weren't here for it, a-and I'm sorry for what'll happen now."

"First of all,"

Skyler started, moving Violet's head off her shoulder and cupping her cheek in her hand.

"yeah, I would've liked to be here with you, but not because I wanted to be there for the post, but because I would've wanted to be here with you, for you. Maybe if I was here, then you wouldn't be like this."

"Hmmm."

Violet hummed.

"I don't know Sky, I think this is pretty nice."

"Vi I didn't mean-"

Violet let out a small giggle.

"I know, I know, but at least I can say this is nice, just being close to you like this."

"...I don't like seeing you cry, Violet."

Violet cracked a wobbly smile as she leaned into her girlfriend's hand.

"I know Skyler, I'm just trying to keep myself from doing it again."