Part 1

Wakiya pov

I stand by the door watching as my brother gathered his school things and swung a volleyball bag on his back. 

"Ready." he informed me opening the door and allowing me to walk under his arm which propped the door open. I wait for Wakatoshi to lock the door before starting conversation with him.

"I assume you have volleyball after school." I say already knowing the answer. He simply nodded and asked me the same question.

"Is the girls team practicing as well?" he wondered. It didn't matter how well we knew each others schedules we just made the same robotic conversation each morning on the way to school.

"Yes." I respond to him pulling at the back of my dark purple pleated skirt. I hated skirts, they were so annoying and to have to wear one each day for school was torture. 

"You should ask to wear pants instead of the skirt." my brother said as we waited for a few cars to pass. 

"I would get teased." 

"You would be more comfortable." he argued back with the usual unmotivated tone he had during our morning walks to school. 

...

We arrived and went our separate ways. After all it would look weird for me to walk into a third year classroom. I walk to my own class where I was tackled the minute I made it in the room. 

"Wakiya-chan!" I look up at my extremely tall friend, Rumi or in other words the captain of the girls volleyball team. 

"Morning Rumi-san." I say passing by the young captain heading to my seat in the exact middle of the classroom. I take my books out and get ready for class to begin. 

...

The moment morning classes were done with I raced my own feet to the gym where the girls volleyball team practiced. A few of the other girls were already there doing simple passing drills. 

"Wakiya-senpai come practice with me!" one of the first year girls shouted holding up the striped volleyball in the air. I smile and rush over to her.

"Can you pass with me?" she wondered which I nodded to. We went back and forth until I grew bored of the drill and did a mini set for myself and attempting to spike the volleyball at the girl which didn't go well due to the fact I sucked at spiking and also hated it with a burning fiery passion. Instead of hitting the ball it just well on my head. 

"Oops." I mumble hearing the volleyball drop behind me.

The team attempting playing a few short games before lunch period ended but we were cut half way through one of them. Groaning we all returned back for afternoon classes. 

...

When school ended the entire volleyball team returned back to the gym for official practice with our coach, Ms. Yaruto. Passing drills, blocking practice, two on two's. By the end of it all everyone forced themselves to gather their things and leave. I was invited as usual to hang out with the girls but declined it. Instead I left the gym heading to the one where the boys practiced. All of the boys left except for two of them. Wakatoshi and Satori-kun. who were getting their belongings together. 

"Hey Wakatoshi." I say walking towards the two. Satori looked up at me and a grin spread across his face as he ran over to greet me. My brother however took his sweet time getting over to me. Allowing me to be crushed in Satori's hug. 

"Hey their Chibi-chan!" he laughed making me grumble at the nickname.

"Is it impossible for you to call me Wakiya? I asked playfully flicking the redheads forehead. He let go and rubbed his head smirking.

"yeah it's possible I just choose not to." he commented turning towards my brother.

"Let's get going Wakiya." Wakatoshi said giving me and Satori a look that meant we should calm down. I nod and give my brothers friend a wave before running to catch up with Wakatoshi. 

...

"How was your day Wakatoshi?"

"It was good."

"That's good to hear, did anything interesting happen?"

"I had a substitute teacher for Science. What about you Wakiya?"

"Nothing in particular happened." I say taking out my hairband letting my long hair fall past my shoulders ending at my midback.

"I'll braid your hair when we get back." my brother said noticing my hair. Smiling a bit I nod giving him a gently smile. We arrived home both taking our shoes off. 

"I'm going to rinse off then you can braid my hair." I say rushing to the bathroom.

"Don't run." I hear my brother call as I disappeared into the bathroom getting into the shower quickly rinsing off the sweat from practice. I could hear my brother in the other bathroom also taking a shower. 

When was the last time Wakatoshi braided my hair? I think both of us were still in Junior high so it had been at least three years since then. I get out drying my hair with a towel then drying it off with a hairdryer. When I left the bathroom Wakatoshi was already out of restroom and to my dismay he was already reading his textbooks staring at them with an intense look.

"Wakatoshi can you braid my-" I start only for my brother to cut me off.

"Sorry, I have to study for a test that's in two days." he responded making my heart sink. 

I'd forgotten. He was always busy these days.