Chapter 1

Chapter 1
(Author's note: This story is inspired by the POV of Paolo on TikTok.)

"Why do I even need a babysitter? Mom, I am seventeen—"

"Yes, and still a minor—"

"A minor who can take care of herself for good." I said with my teeth gritted.

"You can't even cook. It's just a babysitter, it's not a big deal, y/n."

I raised my brows at her and let out a chuckle, "What do you mean 'it's not a big deal'? Mom, I'm turning 18 and I'm going to college!"

"Honey, don't raise your voice at your mom. We'll be gone for business and we just can't leave you here, alone." Dad put down the newspaper that he was reading and took a sip of his coffee.

"But it's too awkward in the campus walking around with a babysitter and why do y'all call it a babysitter, I am not a baby!" I said as I pursed my lips in irritation.

"y/n, I know this person and you'll never be awkward." Dad said as I heard my mom sighed.

"Who is it, then?"

Dad was about to answer my question when the doorbell rang. I rolled my eyes at the frustration.

"I'll see who—"

"No, let me." I cut her off and walk towards the door. I opened it and an unfamiliar face shocked me.

"Who are you?"

"Uh—"

"I think wrong house, get out." I said and as I was about to close the door, he immediately
stop me.

"I'm here to babysit." He said as he stares at my eyes.

A silence has reign.

What? My babysitter is a man?

"Who is it, y/n?" Dad asked.

I can't speak.

"Sir, uh— it's me." He said.

I heard the loud footsteps of Dad and one second, it felt awkward...

***

If only I could scream all of my anger in front of my parents, then I've done it earlier but the heck this man in front of me eating a pasta with his uniform like mine...

Wait, like mine?!

"My daughter is a good person—" I cut my father's words and it caught his attention.

"Where school do you go to?" I asked the man with my right brows arched.

He took a tissue and wiped his lips before speaking. "The same school with you." He then point his uniform and mine.

My mouth automatically formed an 'O' after realizing that he'll guard me everyday and everytime. I look at my dad with a confuse face still with my mouth opened. He didn't even say a word and when I turned my gaze to mom, she immediately stood up to go to the kitchen.

And so, I follow her.

"Mom—

"Talk to your dad, honey. I just agreed for his peace of mind." She cut me off with that words.

Peace of mind , huh?

"Am I a troublemaker?" I asked her.

She turned her back at me and said, "He's a good guy, it looks like he can guard you."

No, he looks flirty enough to be a babysitter!

"Are you that afraid your friends might think he's your boyfriend?" she chuckled.

I zoned out. Wait, what if they might?

"Haha, what a joke." I faked my laugh and exit the kitchen.

"Honey, where are you going? You're not done eating yet—"

"I'm off to school." I grab my bag and open the door with my full force. I hate it here.

While walking with my brows furrowed, I was startled at the guy who suddenly opens the gate for me. It's the babysitter.

"I can do it." I said while I put my arms crossed  my chest.

"I know, but I wanna insist." He gave me his smile and make a gesture like I'm a princess and he's the bodyguard. Eww.

I walked towards my car and was shocked when I totally forgot the car keys at the table near where I put my bag earlier. I run towards the gate to open it but this guy called me and when I turn around, I saw him holding my car keys.

"Where did you get that?" I asked.

"Your dad gave it to me. From now on, I'll be your driver so, hop in... baby." He said. My automatically scoffed at what he said.

"My, did you just call me baby?"

"Yes—

"Who told you to call me baby?" I snapped.

"No one. But I'm your babysitter and you are the baby, right? Make sense?" He smirked at me and played with the car keys with his fingers.

God, please remind me to breathe properly because I can't handle this man's audacity.

I didn't say any word and open the car door.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"School, bitch? Where do you want me to go?" I answered. God, this is annoying.

"Yes, I know but I'm your driver and isn't it too rude to seat on the backseat when I am just a two years older than you?"

"Not my problem." I bluntly said.

I heard him sighed.

"What do you even want?" I said.

"Seat next to me."

I frozed for a moment. What the hell?

"Shut up." I said and sat on the back seat.

"Nah, you're afraid you might fall. Okay, I know I'm handsome anyway." I heard his little chuckle before he starts the engine.

"By the way, I'm Paolo Miguel Torres Vasquez. If you don't like my name, then call me baby."

Oh God...

end of chapter one