two

acm

hayden. that was her name. the only reason that i found out was because mr. johnson yelled at her for laughing at robert's stupid joke about romeo and juliet. i'd have to thank robert later. her laugh was beautiful. hayden. i wanted to know  everything that there was to know about this girl. i wanted to know more about her life, her past. i wanted to know if she set an alarm in the morning, and what music she liked. i wanted to impress her family. i wanted to know what her favorite color was. i wanted to know everything about her. 

"austin, dude?" i was snapped out of my thoughts to see alex waving his hand in front of my face. i looked around the classroom, and no one was there anymore. just alex and i. "the bell rang, man. where's your head at?" he chuckled, throwing his backpack over his shoulder. i blushed a bit, following him out of the classroom. i walked to my next class, and all that i could think about was her. 

three more class periods went by, and then it was lunchtime. i walked to the cafeteria, taking my seat next to alex. "hey, dude." zach high fived me, and robert gave me a little wave, but he was far too focused on alison, his girlfriend. zach was the first to speak up, a little smirk on his face. "man, that new girl is hot. i want her." i was debating on whether to say something, until i felt the table shift a bit next to me. "hey, i'm sitting here." i looked over to see hayden in all of her beauty. "oh, that's great! i mean- it's uh, cool, yeah."

i mentally face-palmed at my awkward words. "i'm hayden." she smiled to the others, pulling her hair to her left shoulder. "oh my goodness, you have to start sitting with us." alison decided. "i have been the only girl for like a year. my name's alison." 

hayden just nodded, letting a slight smile appear on her face. she cut into her pizza with her fork, and ate some before noticing my stare. "can i help you?" she smirked sarcastically. "no, you're just beautiful." 

and then, she smiled at me. it wasn't the smirk that she had been giving me all day, it was a genuine smile. "thank you." and i swore that i saw her blush a little.