Skyler's P.O.V

As I walk Ashton out I open the door to see Alex and I could tell he had been crying. I say my goodbyes to Aston. I let Alex in and he walks straight to my bedroom and plops down on my bed.

"What's wrong?" I ask him.

"It's my mom" he whispers.

"How is she doing" I ask.

"The doctors say it's got worse. They gave her a week or less to like" he says softly.

Alex's mom has cancer. I think it's leukemia. She was diagnosed about a year and a half ago. She did really good at first but about two months ago it came back and it was worst.

"Alex I'm so sorry. I'm going to run down to Ashton's and tell him I can go out right now". I say

"Sky you don't have too" he said

"I want to. I'll be right back"I say while walking out the room.

I jogged out the door and down the road. Not knowing why I just didn't drive.It's feels like for ever but it's like six houses down. I walk up to the door and was about to knock when Ashton opened the door. I told him i needed to take a rain check then I left. I ran back to my house,into the door and up the stairs.

"Hey" Alex says

"Hey, so where is your mom?" I ask

"Hospital" he says

You wanna go see her" I ask him

"Will you come with me?" He ask.

"Of course" I say

Alex's mom and I have a good relationship. She used to babysit me for my mom. That's how I meet Alex.

"Come on let's go" I say.

We get in my car and drive off. The car ride was silent. He just stared out the window and Alex is never quite, only when he is upset . We finally got to the hospital. I found the closet parking spot to the front and got out.

"We're here. What room is she in?" I ask

"7th floor, room 8" he replied.

"Okay" I say

We take the elevator up to the seventh floor and walk to room 8.
Alex holds the door for me as I walk in. Alex is always been so sweet to me. When I was younger I had a crush on him,but I knew it would never work out. He was out of my league. Has I walk in I see Mrs. Rene. She looked exhausted. That wasn't the Rene Parker I knew. She was always so happy and loving and she could just light up a room.

"Hey Mrs. Parker" I say

"Hey sweetie" she says weakly.

"Hey mom" Alex says.

"Hey sweetheart, I missed you" she says

Before I knew it Alex was her bed side crying.

"Momma please you can't leave me. I don't know what to do without you" he cries.

"Honey, it's okay your going to be just fine and one day you'll get to see me again and I won't be hurting anymore" she says with a faint smile.

I walk to Alex and kneel beside him. I put my arm around him and rub his back. He needs me more then ever right now.
I look and Alex and wipe a tear from his cheek.

"Alex I'm here for you. Okay?" I say

"Okay" I whispers.

"Momma I'll be back in the morning, it's late and you need your rest" he says.