Ghost of You (Pt. 1)

After Wei Wuxian's death, Lan Zhan tried to play inquiry to find him for months. He plays inquiry day and night hoping to reach his soulmate's soul. Until one day, someone responded.

==================================

The sound of guqin surrounds the place where Lan Wangji perform his inquiry. A place at the back mountain, beside the cold spring where he once shared with a certain smiley and enthusiastic teenager. He remembers how his red ribbon flutters in the air as he whips towards Lan Wangji's direction beholding a smile that could alter even the most precious jewels and stole the sun's warmth.

"Wei Ying where are you?" Lan Wangji whispered as a pained expression displayed in his handsome face.

'I need you....'

Despite of his unanswered prayers, Lan Wangji didn't stop looking for Wei Wuxian's soul. Even traveling to different places hoping to find some clues of his whereabout.

He just can't make himself believe that his soul is no where to be found, although his body is already dead at the bottom of the cliff in the nightless city buried along with other corpses.

Jiang Cheng didn't even take his body there and buried him properly no matter how resentful he is to Wei Wuxian, he is still a part of Yunmeng Jiang Clan. This made Lan Wangji hate the Clan Leader more.

If he had the chance to go down himself and collect his body he will do so. If only he wasn't punished and in seclusion. If only.

Sometimes he hates being in the Lan sect but he can never leave those unreasonable people because his brother is still there. His only brother that supported him in every way, that sweet and kind soul that became Lan Wangji's strength in the times where he wanted to give up and just follow Wei Ying in the afterlife.

Currently in Gusu's back mountain, he continued the strums in the guqin, each strum bringing a heavy feeling in his heart. Each sound brings his sanity to slowly crumble. Even if his fingers are already numb and bruised he didn't stop performing the chords that are almost repetitive and  memorized over the months of longing.

"Where are you? My love... "

Tired of holding back the tears, he slammed his exhausted hands in his guqin and slumped, resting his head in his hands.

He gritted his teeth in frustration as tears cascade down his cold face. He feel so useless and defeated.

"Wei Ying!" He cried.

Drowned in his tears, he didn't notice as a translucent figure approached him. Looking at him with the same pained expression just like his.

The figure is almost afraid to come close, but he did nonetheless.

Kneeling beside the frustrated boy, he lifted his transparent hand and hovered above the boy's head trying to caress him to aid at least a little bit of burden in his shoulders, trying on comforting him but his hand just pass through the boy.

It break his nonexistent heart and brought pain throughout his cold spirit, he didn't realized that he can still felt the pain even after death.

"Lan Zhanhe whimpered as he watch the crying boy in front of him, eyes falling to the ground in guilt. Not realizing that Lan Wangji heard him.

Lan Wangji froze. Slowly scanning his surrounding as his eyes fixated in the presence that he didn't even realized sat next to him. His eyes widens as he watch a person looking down in the ground, face so pale but beautiful, his ribbon falls down with his hair cascading down his shoulder. Its the man he was looking for in month, Wei Wuxian, his Wei Ying.

"Wei Ying" Lan Wangji whispered. Contemplating if it was a dream or reality. Because of those so many nightmares that he got after watching Wei Ying's hand slid put of his hand and fall to his death, he got anxious that this is another dream that his mind created just to sate his longing and desire.

Wei Wuxian met his eyes after hearing him call his name. Upon doing so, guilt flooded his whole being.

"Lan Zhan," he cried, "I'm sorry, I died"

TBC