Chapter I

Something unexpected...

"Your Highness! Something terrible has happened. The Roden kingdom found a way to enter our palace and they are slowly capturing the whole city."

I could hear he ran up here, his heavy breathing was truly remarkable in the now silent room. The room that was filled with loud noises of talking and hitting glass against each other. I stand up from the comfortable cushion I was sitting on. Only one question lingering in my confused mind.

"I hope you have already informed father for your own well-being." I said, sipping some of the finest tea. His throat went up and down. I could hear the loud gulp coming from him. Everyone noticed. And I got serious.

"What is it? Spit it out. Now."

"The king and queen...they're not in the palace." The glass naturally falls out of my hands. I can feel all the thoughts surrounding me. Are they alive? Where are they? "Why are they attacking?" I asked, unsure of this kingdom's sudden appear. Walking to the white closet in the corner, preparing myself. "We don't know, princess, we think they want...you." The guard responded. I froze.

Well of course, whom wouldn't want the princess of the Izrin dynasty. Some bastards they are. They better not have touched my parents. I sharpen my two daggers.

"Try your best to close the gates...fight for your home, for your families and for your city" I calmly ordered and without hesitation the guard quickly answered, obeying me.

He leaves to join the other fighting soldiers and I run to my window. Slowly seeing my city being captured by the Roden dynasty, those rascals. I never liked them but now I despise them. I turn to my ladies whom I forgot were here and gave them weapons. I can't lose them too.

"Don't be afraid to kill if you must." I warned them just to be sure.

I tightened my hold on the daggers, ready to fight whomever I may encounter when I leave through the big golden doors. I was trained at a young age and became the best fighter, some advances. "Aliyah, where are you going to?!" my friend shouted. "To find my parents."

With that being said, I kicked the doors open. Guards running left and right in front of me. I hesitated. I hadn't really thought this through. Where on earth could they be?

The village!

I immediately ran towards the west wing. Of course. My parents liked to go to the village and act like they belong there. To see our people's conditions.

The adrenaline hit me at once even though the smoking air was making its way to my lungs. The beautiful white and golden walls were partly covered in black ashes and blood strokes. But I tried to ignore it. As soon as I saw the outside view up close, I felt like crying.

My people pushed on the floor. Women and their babies begging for mercy as their husbands were fighting the intruders. "There she is! The princess!"

I jumped out of my horrible thoughts and started running. Away from the hoarse voice that didn't look like it belonged to a person that's loyal to me. Multiple soldiers came for me. My dagger had finally been useful as I cut someone's chest open, followed by decapitating someone with both of my daggers.

My hair, face and white gown have never been this bloody, but then again brutal battles like these didn't happen often. So why did it now?

After hurting countless of immature men, I was growing tired. The last man managed to deepen his sword into my arm.

The blood dripped down like a fountain as I lumped forward. But I stopped. A view I didn't expect to see unwillingly imprinting into my mind.

My eyes that were red by the splattering blood around me suddenly changed courses and turned red because of the burning tears inside of them.