Untitled Part 1

Lightning was grinning, walking around arms in the air. he was cheering and grinning, looking around at the cheering crowd. first race of the season and he'd won with a mile between him and second place. he was feeling pretty good about himself. he was walking around and signing things here and there, in the sections where the fence was lower so he could reach.

"you're awesome Mr.McQueen!" one of his fans grinned.

"thank you. thanks for coming out to see the race." Lightning waved. he chuckled at a couple fans he came across. there was a little girl wearing a custom made suit just like this. he smiled. "well aren't you cute?" Lightning chuckled. he eye's lit up and she squealed excitedly. "think you're missing something though kid." Lightning muttered, taking his helmet off. he gave it a quick sign and plopped it onto the girls head, before waving and walking off.

"whoo!" the girl screamed jumping around. Lightning laughed.

"yeah! whoooo!" Lightning grinned. he felt a hand on his shoulder, turning him around. he turned expecting one of his friends, only to get hit in the face with a helmet. he stumbled and looked up confused. Jackson Storm growled and pulled back swinging swinging the helmet at Lightning again and knocking him flat out onto the ground, out cold with blood pouring from his mouth.

Doc stood with a smirk on his face, standing around with the crew, until he noticed something. why the hell was the camera focusing on Jackson Storm? was Lightning on the ground? what had he missed?

"what the..." Doc trailed. suddenly he growled and took off running towards them. he grabbed Jackson by the arm holding the helmet, as he pulled back ready to hit Lightning again, and twisted it backwards hard, snapping it. "get off the kid!" Doc hissed, punching Jackson hard in the face. Jackson dropped and groaned. Doc huffed and knelt beside Lightning gently. the cameras were focused on him and Lightning, feeling the youngers neck gently. "kid? hey are you ok-" Doc started. he suddenly found himself on his back nose bleeding and clutching his side. Jackson had hit him in the face then kicked him in the side and something wasn't right. Doc wheezed and held his side with a wince, definitely a broken rib or two. oh god he was getting too old for this stuff. had the world always spun like this?

"Jackson storm has gone on a rampage! attacking both Lightning McQueen and his crew chief the Hudson Hornet!" one of the announcers shouted. Cal growled loudly and jumped onto Jacksons back holding tightly to his neck. "oh! and Cal Weathers comes out of no where!"

"get off my friends!" Cal glared, holding tighter.

"get off me Cal!" Jackson shouted. Cal held tighter, ready to suffocate the bigger man, until he managed to swing back with his good arm and hit Cal in the face with his helmet. Cal groaned dropped off Jacksons back. Doc quickly managed to move and catch his head at the younger fell to the ground, still holding his ribs. laying on his back in the middle of the track while clutching his side and trying to keep Cal from busting his head open on the pavement.

"you stupid fucking-" Jackson growled. Mack tackled him to the ground, punching him hard in the face. Doc dropped his head back onto the road under him, vision fading to black, but he didn't move his hand from under Cals head, unable to gather enough energy to do so. he could hear the crowd going nuts and Mack grunting as he beat Jackson into the ground. he let his eye's fall closed.

Doc shifted some and mumbled, his head and side ached, but he was okay. he slowly opened his eyes and looked around. a hospital room, great.

"damn it." he muttered, holding his side.

"hey Doc." a voice croaked beside him. Doc blinked and turned his head. Cal was laying on a bed beside him. the left side of his head was bandaged up.