ℙ𝕣𝕠𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕦𝕖

𝐴𝑢𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑟𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑡𝑒: 𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑦 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑚𝑎𝑖𝑛𝑙𝑦 𝑏𝑒 𝑖𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑝𝑜𝑣 𝑜𝑓 𝑚𝑦 𝑀/𝐶 𝐽𝑎𝑒, 𝑤ℎ𝑜 𝐼 𝑢𝑠𝑢𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑚𝑜𝑠𝑡 𝑚𝑦 𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑠 𝑢𝑛𝑙𝑒𝑠𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑦'𝑟𝑒 𝑎𝑛 𝑋 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑒𝑟 𝑏𝑜𝑜𝑘. 𝐼 ℎ𝑜𝑝𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑒𝑛𝑗𝑜𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑦<3

Jae's pov

With the world at our feet, we stand to greet the sun; It shines in our eyes, the star of our universe.

An unsure life, dwelling in breathless thoughts as we ponder. Aimlessly walking along a drawn-out line that cuts across the vast universe.

A line in which the universe carved us on, one that defies our destiny.

Following the line, where do we step?
What sky spreads at the end of it?
When the world that unfolds before us is not what the heavens foretold. To unknown we run, carving sunrise, burning brightly across the sky.

A shooting star, one that strays from the path inwhich the gods untended for it.

"Hey Jae? You listening or are you too busy daydreaming again." For the last year I've sat in the same useless class, doing the same useless job...its starting to feel the universe has no plan for me.

"Yeah I'm listening, I was just thinking" Truthfully, I wasn't listening but I already know what she's saying. It's always the same boy, the same class, the same job and it's never ending. The woman infront of me rolled her eyes before snapping her fingers harshly in front of my face, snapping me out of my daze.

"What?!" I was sick of this repeating life and especially her. She doesn't care about anyone else's feelings and always talks about herself, I honestly didn't care anymore.

"You're not listening...you're being rude though" her tone was sour as she spoke but if she realised the world doesn't revolve around her; she would probably know that my life's been crumbling to the ground.
I mean I litteritly told her and yet she still doesn't care, so I have every right to be mad.

"Gigi I litteritly explained to you moments ago how I am being evicted, how my grades dropped since my last exam and how my workplace is Shutting Down...yet all you seem to care about is your goddamn boy problem" I didn't want to stand around and hear her excuses anymore.

"Look I'm going to be late, I'm meeting Min soon so I have to get going..." I started collecting my belongings before throwing my bag of my shoulder and leaving the store.
We would always meet up at the same small corner store, at the same time every week...but lately it feels as though she forgets to meet me and leaves me to wait for hours.

As the cold winter air hit my face, the door shuttering behind me, my breath becoming visible as I let out a heavy heave of air, allowing the carbon dioxide to expell from my body.

"I should probably call Min and let them know I'll be running late..." the incoherent words slipped through my lips as I walked along the empty street. Further into the city as I travelled back home, I just hope Min is still there...I know they're moving in with their boyfriend Jay, they planned it soon after we got the eviction notice.

I let the phone ring through a couple times before ringing the number again, and again...and again. Weird, normally Min would have picked up by now but to be fair they could be busy packing stuff.

I decided to call Jay and see if he was with Min, it would take the worry off my chest if I knew they were safe atleast.

"Hey Jay...its um...me Jae" the stutter in my voice cracked as I spoke into the phone. He picks up pretty fast whenever anyone calls him...I swear he never checks caller I.D though.
"Oh, hey what's up?" His American accent echoed through the phone as my heavy footsteps clicked down the street. "I'm just checking If you've seen Min, I tried calling but they're not answering" I felt bad for bothering him with this...but they are dating so it makes sense to ask him.

"Oh shit...yeah they're here but they fell asleep after a movie we watched together on our packing break, I can let Min know you called to check in when they're awake though?" I loved that Jay was always so nice, he always made sure to follow through with his words too.

"Yeah sure that would be amazing, thank you so much I'll talk to you later then..." We said our goodbyes and hung up.

I let myself walk at a slower pace once I knew I wouldn't be keeping Min waiting, the glossy sheen of the ice that had started forming on the harsh concrete was reflecting the last rays of sunlight as small specks of snow started to appear.

Slowly falling, dancing through the sky as they travelled from the heavens to the earth.
I got lost in a drunken-daze, drinking in the veiw before me; a setting sun falling behind the horizon as the stars began appearing in the night sky.

A bright light....too bright.

Was it my imagination? No, it couldn't be others are blinded by it too. As the very few pedestrians covered their eyes from the blinding light, I stood there blankly staring into the bright flicker.

It was as if whatever it was, was drawing me in...wanting me to welcome it into my life.

A falling sun, setting behind the sky as another falls from the heavens to meet the earth. A falling star in which was more human than any of us here on earth, from another universe.

"What is that?"

"Is that a comit?"

"EVERYONE RUN IT'S HEADING STRAIGHT FOR THE CITY"

My feet won't move, why won't they move?
I'm frozen, stuck in a trance as screams fill my ears. A stampede of people running away from what seems like a never ending doom.

Is...is this how it ends?

||𝑆𝑘𝑦 𝐹𝑢𝑙𝑙 𝑂𝑓 𝑆𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑠 - 𝐽𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑆𝑖𝑚𝑠 𝐸𝑛ℎ𝑦𝑝𝑒𝑛||
...𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑠𝑜𝑜𝑛...