Courage

so my school is doing a writing competition and the theme is courage and because it's june I thought hey let's do a coming out story. I'm really scared to enter this because if I win it will out me to everyone, because they share everyone's entries. so uhm yes I need advice and just general comments on this very short story.

I take a deep breath. Ok, I'm going to do it today. I'm going to tell someone. I mean, June's the perfect time, right? Pride month.

But who can I tell? Not my parents, that's not a good idea.. My best friend? My sister? Or just nobody at all, I don't have to tell anyone. It's my information, they don't need to know.

But what if I come home with a girlfriend and suddenly it's all "What?!" and " Why didn't you tell us sooner? " What if I then come home with a boyfriend? I have to tell someone.

Great, I'm back where I started. Ok, I'll start small and tell someone I know isn't homophobic. Like my friend Millie. Right, I'll tell Millie.

Now I have to decide how to do it. If only I had the courage to just say it. Oh come on, it's not that scary. It's not a big deal. Why am I making such a big deal out of this?!

I'll just text her. That's it, I'll just text her. Might as well do it now, while I still have the motivation and courage and before I back out. I take my phone out and text:

"Hi Millie"

"I have something to tell you"

"Promise you'll still be my friend, no matter what?"

She texts back almost immediately:

"Of course. You can tell me anything."

I smile nervously and text, with shaking fingers:

"I think..I think I'm bisexual."

Full of adrenaline, I quickly turn my phone off so I don't have to see her reply. I did it. I told someone. I finally found the courage to tell someone.

Maybe this will all turn out ok.