𝟎𝟎 : 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐅𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍

Being turned into stone for about 3,700 years was not part of the events you had in mind for today. Humanity hitting rock bottom was also not part of your plan today, yet somehow the ominous green light had singlehandedly put a stop to one of the most important days in your life.

A day in which you had planned to confess to Ishigami Senku; once again.

-

"GUYS, I HAVE DECIDED! I'M FINALLY GOING TO CONFESS MY FEELINGS TO YUZURIHA AFTER ALL THESE YEARS!" Taiju bursts out loud, slamming the door of the science lab. Everyone jumped at the sudden declaration except for you and Senku.

"Yeah! You go bro!" you cheered, "I'm also going to confess to Senku today!"

Taiju wasn't actually your biological brother but you knew him since you were young and he was naturally taller and stronger than you, giving off a big brother presence. You ended up calling him your brother out of habit and the fact that you had no one to call family other than Senku and his father, Ishigami Byakuya.

"THANKS, Y/N!!! Wait... didn't you already confess to him like yesterday!?"

You only smiled.

"Ah, yeah, I will cheer for you until my vocal cords break, right here in the science lab," Senku interrupted with a short and sarcastic laugh. However, the brave man who was about to confess did not pick up the hint and thanked him instead.

"You big oaf, I ain't cheering for you even a millimeter!" Senku retorted.

"WHAT?! Which one is it?!" Taiju shouted again.

"Here, I got something completely logical and ten billion percent guaranteed. A pheromone stimulant. In simpler terms, it's a love potion," Senku dangled the bottle in front of Taiju, beckoning him forward.

"I appreciate the thought but I will not rely on such underhanded tricks!" he huffed before leaving the room in a rush.

"A love potion..." you mumbled to yourself and reached forward, swiftly grabbing the glass container. Senku's eyes widened when you raised it, almost spilling the liquid in your mouth.

"You idiot!" Senku snatched the glass container away from me, his face pale as he poured the substance into the sink. "Love potions obviously don't exist, why would you drink it?! It's plain gasoline!"

You stared at his worried expression for a while before smiling. "If I drank it, maybe you would finally be interested in me."

The boy flinched at your reply and was speechless for a while. The tension rose in the lab room as you silently walked over to the window, waiting for Taiju to appear in front of Yuzuriha.

You envied Yuzuriha.

Senku sighed and left the room to buy a drink from the vending machine. The science club members finally relaxed and began talking again.

"Does that count as your daily confession?" a close female classmate nudged your arm.

Practically everyone at school knew what was going on between you and Senku. However, they only knew the surface of it.

You and Senku were childhood friends, and you had a crush on him ever since your first meeting. It could be described as the usual love at first sight. Others would also call it childhood romance.

But in reality, it was just another form of unrequited love.

You had expected this the first day you had met him. After all, Senku is a science geek. Even a science addict would be a close enough term to describe how passionate he was about the subject. His entire life revolves around science, and there was nothing you can do about it.