3. Bustling Roundabout

"Scoundrel! Cheater!" Roxie still couldn't believe the betrayal she just faced.

"Sorry for holding you up with my stuff." Mia apologized.

Not a moment later, Roxie wrapped Mia in her arms. "Nooo, don't you worry your ponytailed little head!" Her voice deepened. "Rookie is the one who must pay."

"See you later then." Mia strained to speak. "I hope you win the race."

"Thank you for your well wishes." Roxie stopped squeezing the life out of her. "I am off!"

With a wave, she used her air jets to flee to the door. If only she had a cape like the captain, then she could make the dramatic exit she truly deserved. Still, Mia supported her either way. It was nice to know that.

Thus began Roxie's valiant journey for truth and justice! She flew around the cylindrical airlock, making sure not to collide with mini patterns or the winding staircase in the center. A green LED display in the center read July 7th, 10:47 A.M. But now was not the time to check the time! Where could Leon be? The last she saw his rosy face, haha-ing at her misfortune, he headed toward the gym. So, she entered.

"Yo, Rox." The much beloved Jun Kim sat atop the chest machine. Normally, that would be extremely dangerous, but without gravity to pull them down, it was harmless. "Whatcha up to?"

"I'm on a hunt for the captain." Roxie explained. "The sands of time slip from my hands as we speak."

They got down from the machine. "What's the rush?"

"Waaaah!" Roxie dropped her pride and hugged Jun, mock crying. "I thought Leon was squishy and loveable, but--but he tricked me and left me to fend for myself! I can't let him win, I just can't!"

"Oh no. Super uncool of him." Jun patted her back.

"I know, right??"

"But," they let go, "sadly, I have no choice."

"You have no choice?"

They put on their pair of glasses. "Leon's just a rookie, he needs all the help he can get. He wouldn't stand a chance against someone as cool and resourceful as you."

"Teeheehee~ Thank you, Junzie!" Roxie pressed her hands against her cheeks. "Wait." She stopped. "Does that mean you're trying to stop me?"

"Yep."

"Gasp!" She said the word instead of gasping. "Why would you, my best friend, betray me after my heart has already been wounded?"

"I have to. For justice." Jun closed at least one of their eyes. The other was obscured by bangs. "Plus, I need someone to test out my patterns."

"I see." Roxie nodded solemnly. "Then we must do batte."

"...Yeah."

A duel between keepers of justice began. Jun used their jets to float upward and spread their arms out, summoning a row of blue orbs in front of and behind Roxie. They began to move quickly back and forth, hypnotically, like waves.

"Look out, it's high tide." warned Jun. This pattern was in fact named 'High Tide.'

It was a little difficult to keep up with how fast and far the shots were moving, especially with all of the gym equipment around. After backing into the treadmill, she moved over to the weights, but her foot got caught on one.

"Oops, let me help you with that." Jun lended Roxie a hand just in time for her to avoid the next wave. They moved her over to a spot where she could move around more freely.