Chapter 9- Broken Families

“Can we talk?” my mum asked in a quiet voice, I looked over at Louis who looked back at me before shrugging his shoulders; I looked back at my mother and nodded. We all went and sat in the lounge room, Lucy went home after she saw my mum but not before death glaring my mum till she was made to feel as small as an ant.

“Well?” I asked, I watched as my mum started twiddling her fingers before looking up at her angry as fuck children.

“Look you must really hate me and I deserve being slapped yesterday” I nodded in time with Louis, I moved closer to Louis because I felt safer, he was the brother everyone wanted trust me. “And you probably are never gonna forgive me for it even when I am on my deathbed but I want you to know that I love you kids, I won’t date Harry if guys don’t want me too I just want you back” I could hear the desperation in her voice and glanced at Louis, he still looked like he could kill a puppy but he softened when he looked at me ‘it’s up to you’ he mouthed leaving the decision on my mother’s love life for me, I thought about it hard, If Harry liked me he wouldn’t have cheated on me so I guess my mother could date him. No! What are you thinking? You still love him Maddy besides that is wrong and sick, an 18 year old dating a 37 year old. It was silent as I thought, no one spoke but Louis continued to death glare my mother who was cuddling herself on the couch in front of me, I guess I should let him go, he broke my heart and I need to fix it and I think the best way to start would be this, I sighed deeply and nodded.

“You can date Harry mum but the forgiveness is gonna take more than a speech to happen” she nodded eagerly,

“I love you guys” she said and smiled before racing up to her room like a teenager who got permission to date her crush, I sighed and fell back against the sofa,

“Why did you do that?” Louis whispered as he laid back down next to me,

“Because I have to move on, Louis and to start that process I have to let him go” I said with a sad smile and gave my brother a hug, “I’ll be fine, Louis I promise as long as I have you” I told him before walking up the stairs to my room,

“I love you too sis” I heard him say before closing the floor up and racing over to my bed, I collapsed and bawled my eyes out, this was going to be one of the hardest recoveries ever.

But instead of getting better, I got worse much worse. Behind my brother and friend’s back, I started drinking and smoking, I kept my grades up so no one would notice; I kept on cutting as well. Tonight was going to be a ‘getting over Harry Styles’ party for me, to finally let him go for good. 

“Are you sure you don’t want to come?” I heard my brother as he grabbed his coat from the hanger,