Dead-Eyed Lucy Origin

John Adams had a perfect life. A perfect family, a perfect girlfriend, perfect friends. Loyalty, love, kindness, support, all of those things he gave, he got it in return. And everybody wondered, "What happened?"

It was the last day of school, the beginning of summer break. It was that time of the year when everybody couldn't care less about school, and they all had started making plans for vacations.

"So, ready for our week in the cabin?"

John rolled his eyes towards his girlfriend, and smiled when he saw just how big the happiness expressed in her face was .

"Lucy, I've told you, I don't know if I can go. I may have to look after my sister while my parents go on their second honeymoon." Lucy stopped walking, stood in front of John, put her arms around his neck, and gave him a kiss.

"If that happens, I'll move to your place, and live there with you and your sister until your parents get home."

He smiled gently and gazed into her blue eyes. Lucy was a sweet heart. She would do anything for him, and he would do anything for her. That's why they were perfect. At least, that's what people said. "They make such a cute couple!" were their exact words. And they were, in fact, right. Most people just said that because of the looks of them. Lucy was one of the most beautiful girl in school, with straight messy light-blonde hair and blue eyes, with perfect skin, a not-so-common-thing for a 16 year old. John was the same. He was tall, with a body that clearly told everyone that he belonged to the gym, and a perfect face, with green eyes and brown hair. People just thought that they were together because they were both popular. But the truth was the usual cliché you hear everywhere: They really were in love.

"You know, Emily is going to love that idea." He smiled. Lucy smiled at him too, except that her smiled seemed surprised, but, at the same time, blushed, as if that thought just melted her heart. "Speaking of which," said John with a smirk "I told Emily that you were going to walk me home. She's probably waiting for us at the front door."

"Then we better hurry up, no?"

***

Emily Adams was an eight year old girl with brown honey colored hair and blue eyes. She had come to the world merely by accident, but had the love of everybody, and John was no exception: He loved his little sister more than everything in the world.

"Lucy!!!" Screamed Emily, running towards the girl when she saw her.

"Em!!!" Lucy hugged her. "So, honey, what are your plans for this week?"

Emily smiled, a smile almost as big as her face.

"You're going to stay here with us?"

"Of course I am! Did you think that I'd ever leave you? Plus, with him?" She pointed to John, and both started laughing. John just smiled has he watched them do so. For some reason, it soothed his heart to know that they cared that much about each other. He knew Lucy loved Emily like if she was her own sister.

"Lucy, my darling!" John's mom appeared at the front door, and ran to Lucy, giving her a warm hug. John's father appeared right after his mom, overloaded with travelling bags. His parents were exactly the kind of parents of an ideal, typical American family. His mother was a green eyed, blonde woman, that looked younger than she really was, and his father had blue eyes and brown hair, and looked exactly like an American sargent.

"So, you're really going?" John asked.

"Yes honey. And we have to leave now, because there will be no more planes at a low cost to Hawaii like this was." She turned back to Lucy. "I'm so sorry dear, I know you had plans for this week..."