Chapter 10

A/N
The "thoughts" are written in Italics.

............................................................................

"Beer for you?" Zayn asks as he sits on the opposite chair pretty much comfortably. It's Harry who was impatient. So he nods without even listening to what Zayn asked him.

If it was some other time, Zayn would have teased the lad but he decides to let him go easy. He was already a lot nervous.

He walks down the stairs to the bar and flashes a smile at Martin. "Two beer please." Martin nods with a smile and disappears behind the bar counter only to come back with to mugs in his hand. "I didn't know you and Harry are close." He says with a small smile. Zayn takes a moment to answer that. "We aren't. Yet. I'm trying to get to know him."

Martin knew the boy long enough to understand that he needs to stop with the questions. There is something in Zayn eyes that is different and he prefers not to make the boy stressed even more. So he just shows another smile while pushing the mugs towards Zayn. "Here you go."

-

When Zayn comes back upstairs, he encounters with a Harry who is lost in his thoughts looking up at the sky. It bothers him to know that Harry is going through what he did few years ago. And it disgusts him even more that he is the reason behind it.

He shakes of the thought and walks upto their table. "Here." He puts the mug in front of Harry and pushes it towards him. The cold surface of the glass mug touches Harry’s hand, making him startle. "Oh you!" He sighs in relief but again gets silent. Nervousness is visible in the tone.

The silence stays for a bit longer and at this point it starts to annoy Zayn. This is not how he expected to be the first date. Wait! He slaps himself mentally. When did it become a date? Conversation! Friendly conversation!

Zayn collects his thoughts, clearing his throat hoping to catch Harry’s attention. And for a fact he succeeds. The green eyed lad turns towards him, eyes are a little bit glassy.

"So..." Zaym doesn't like the thought of him being at a loss of word so he form a sentence rather quickly. "We decided that we need to know each other. Out of the box." He puts an extra pressure on the last phrase as if he is trying make himself understand that as well.

Harry looks at him for a couple of minutes, then finally speaks up. "So we are completely gonna ignore what our management did to us?" Zayn knew this would come and all he does is sigh at the younger's question. "There is nothing much we can do Harry. They would have done it sooner or later. So it doesn't really matter."

"They should have asked for our concent." Harry mumbles but enough loudly so the other person can hear it. Zayn lets out a low chuckle. "We work in a industry, where we are just servants, Harry. Nothing about out life is personal. And concent is like a fairytale, if I'm being completely honest with you."

The last line hit him Harry like a slap on his face. "Is that what you felt?" He asks while looking down at the drink infront of him. Zayn lets out another sigh as the memories of the past few years play though his head. It was pathetic, he says in his mind, if anything worse than the said word.

"That's not important anymore. Look, over past years I have gathered enough knowledge about what can make this deal go smoothly," he pauses and looks at Harry, "and the 1st step is becoming friends. Let's start from the basic. That way it won't be an obvious act."

As he keeps talking, Harry slowly becomes more comfortable with the hazel eyed boys presence. Something he would have cringed about a few weeks ago and not to mention getting triggered by his old shitty memories. But Zayn has an assurance in his presence, a positive aura maybe, which is comforting.

"Can we get out of here?" The words come out of Harry’s mouth without his knowledge, cutting Zayn off. In under any other circumstances, Zayn would have shouted for cutting him off. The lad hated it when he can't finish his words. But he decides to let Harry go this time.

And if he is being completely honest, he hates crowd. From the moment he noticed the tables starts to get occupied by people, he was feeling uncomfortable. So Harry proposal becomes a treat from him.

"Thought you would never ask."

-

"So what is your favorite movie?" Zayn asks out of the blue while looking up at the night ask. The weather is pretty much good, so they decided to take a walk and somehow ended up in this park which seems close to abandon.

Currently they are sitting on a bench, spaced out in their own thoughts before Zayn's question. Harry takes a moment to answer that as the question comes out randomly. "Umm, that would be 'The Notebook'." A small smile creeps along his lips as he recalls few of his favourite scenes from the said movie. He truly loves it.

"Ah romantic lover, suits you." Zayn’s statement is next to a mumble but Harry hears it loud and clear due to the quietness of the area. "Thanks, I guess?" He answers in a question form as he wasn't quite sure if it was a complement or a tease.

Zayn hums in answer still looking up. Though he said himself that they should get to know each other, but this is nice too. He likes quite nights. Mostly by himself, but the green eyed boy's presence is good too. It is comforting, which he hasn't felt in a while around new people.

"What about you?" Harry asks quietly. "Huh?" The voice mostly sounded like an auto generated response, but he repeats again with proper clarification. "Your favorite movie?"

"Oh I am into action mostly." Zayn takes a pause as if he is evaluating something, before speaking up again. "Don't tell anyone but, I love Marvel and DC." He says with a joy of a 5 year old in his voice which amuses Harry.

"Who let you become a part of these big messy deals with that child like brain?" He can't stop himself from making that comment but he makes sure that the other understands that he is just teasing not disrespecting or anything.

"Ayy respect your elders, your jerk!" Zayn replies in a cheerful voice, fleakering the side of Harry’s arm, which the other boy responses with a dramatically painful face.

Maybe he ain't that bad afterall, an unison thought plays along both of their heads.

TO BE CONTINUED....

.

.

WORD COUNT - 1208

.

.

A/N---

I am not even gonna defend myself at this point cause I am well aware of how much I suck at updating. Still one thing I gotta say, I needed some time to get my shit together. And finally here I am.

I am hoping to update properly now.

Anyways enjoy the 10th chapter and let me know your opinion.

Love, S 💜