Chapter 1 - In The Pines

I walked home, and felt the cold breeze against my long, brown, hair. It was December, and my car broke so I had to walk to the store, to my dismay.

I heard a few rustles and owls screeching, but nothing out of the ordinary. My bag of groceries rattled a little.

I stopped as I got to were I didn't want to pass. It was this utterly horrifying forest that I had to go through to get home. I thought I would get home before dark, but I didn't, (unfortunetly.) So, now I have to walk through the forest that deathly scares me.

I tried to walk fast through the forest, but my legs got weak and I started to walk at a normal pace, once I was halfway through the forest.

About a minute after, I got terrified. I heard a dragging noise from a little ditch below the forest trail. I stopped, and I seriously thought I was having a panic attack.

My curiosity just got the best of me, so I turned my head and looked at what it was.

I instantly regret that.

What I saw made my stomach fully fucking churn. I saw someone, or something, burying a body bag. My heart was racing and I couldn't fully function.

"Oh... My god." I muttered. I quickly gasped and put my hand over my mouth. And I ran. I ran out of there as fast as I could.

I was panting, and my bedroom window was in sight. I couldn't even hear anything because of how loud my shakey breathes were getting.

I finally ran up to my bedroom window, slid it up, and climbed in, and locked it quickly.

I made a vow, no matter what, I would NEVER go back in those pines.