ch. 5

I lied in my bed wide awake. 3:45 am and I couldn't fall asleep. You know when you find a new favorite song and you play it on repeat until you know every word? My brain was doing that with the entire night, thinking about their face when they saw me, the chandelier at the restaurant, the feeling of their sweet lips on mine.

"Hey, sleepyhead!" I opened my eyes, only to have a pillow be smacked in my face. I looked at the clock that sat on my bedside table, 10:45. I must've fallen asleep, but staying asleep for this long was unusual for me. Rubbing my eyes, I sat up in my bed to see who was rude enough to wake me up.

"Brigette?" I questioned when my eyes adjusted. They were sitting in my desk chair, spinning themselves around.

"Your mom let me in." My eyes grew wide, I didn't tell my parents that Brigette and I went out on a date. Did they talk about it with my mom?

"Oh, uh did you mention last night?" I tried to seem like it wasn't a big deal to me. I don't think it worked though.

"I had a feeling you didn't tell them. No, I didn't say anything. Now get dressed, we're going on an adventure." Brigette hopped from the chair, leaving my room. Probably headed downstairs to talk to my parents till I was ready. Brigette and my parents always got along. I swear sometimes as a kid I would think that they would rather have Brigette as their child instead of me.

Sitting on the floor of my closet, I sat and stared at the endless options of outfits. What kind of adventure were we going on? I knew that Brigette would get fed up with me if I didn't hurry. I grabbed a pair of my black leggings and threw them on with a white tank top, matching it with my white converse. Before I walked out of the room, I put on my brown oversized cardigan.

"This is the day that she tried out for cheerleading." I saw my mom scrolling through photos on her phone.

"No way, Eloise tried out for cheerleading?" Brigette sounded so surprised.

"I'm ready." Brigette and my mom stopped talking when they saw me. My mom winked at Brigette before coming over and giving me a hug goodbye. Brigette pulled me into her arms as soon as we heard the bedroom door shut, kissing my cheek hard.

"You look beautiful." They whispered in my ear. I hid my face in the crook of their neck. Eventually, we pulled apart from one another but they made sure to grab my hand as soon as they weren't hugging me anymore. They let go of my hand and ran to the car door, opening it in a dramatic way.

"M'lady." Their voice sounding all fancy.

"Why, thank you." Making my voice do the same. We both laughed as they shut the door. It wasn't awkward between us at all, we were able to joke like we used to do. Nothing felt weird and I couldn't be happier.

"Are you ready for today?" They shimmed their shoulders, making me giggle a bit.

"Where are we going?" They shrugged, pretending not to know. That meant that they weren't going to tell me. Another surprise, I wasn't complaining though. They turned on their music, "we fell in love in october" by girl in red being the first thing to play.

"You will be my girl, my girl, my girl." They sang to me, kissing my hand quickly before focusing on driving again. I watched as they sang along to the rest of the song more confidently now. After dancing and singing along to six songs, Brigette pulled into a parking lot.

"Mini golf?" I chuckled, thinking they were messing with me. They nodded excitedly, getting out of the car. I followed them to the front, actually kinda excited to play. Brigette paid the employee, grabbing a blue club and ball for me. They did a little dance as we made our way to the first hole.