/5/

𝚒𝚏 𝚠𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚑𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚝...

(Mature content this chapter)

   It had been a week since Nate kicked Scarlett out of his car. A week of Scarlett not talking to Nate and a week of avoiding him as much as possible. She had purposely missed her last period just to not see him. But how can you miss Nate Jacobs' he's 6'4 and the most popular guy in school. 

   Scarlett hasn't spoken to Rue nor Fez or anyone for the matter, she finally heard back from the restaurant she applied to a couple of weeks ago and they told her to come in the next day to start her shift. It's part-time and she goes as soon as she gets off school and gets out at 9 so Scarlett barely has time to do anything. But the starting pay is $15 an hour plus tips for being a waitress.

   "Hey Scarlett can you cover the table over there for me, I'm jammed." Scarlett's coworker Jenna says. Jenna has been very nice since she first started working here. She's only a few years older than me and in college. She's kinda like an older sister she's never had.

   "Yeah sure," Jenna told Scarlett what table it was and Scarlett walks out from the back and spots the table she needs to take over for her.

   "You've got to be kidding me," Scarlett mumbles under her breath. At the table is sat none other than Maddy and Nate. Scarlett sucks it up and walks over to their table.

  "Hi, I'm Scarlett and I'll be taking care of you today." 

   "We know you Scarlett no need for an introduction," Maddy says. 

   "Just following my job orders, anyways drinks?" Scarlett says pulling out her notepad and looking at Maddy, avoiding eye contact with Nate.

   "I'll have a lemonade, with like a ton of ice," Maddy says. Scarlett turns to Nate waiting for his drink order.

   "Water." Scarlett writes their drink orders down and walks to the back to make their drinks.

   "Why are you being snappy with her?" Maddy asks Nate.

   "I'm not being snappy." Maddy rolls her eyes and put's her attention on her phone. Nate wasn't expecting Scarlett to be working here any the less to see her at all. He knows she's been ignoring him and he has too. He didn't understand her and what she wanted and didn't want.

   Scarlett makes Nate and Maddy's drinks and walks back to them.

   "Water and a lemonade." Scarlett set's down their drinks and pulls out two straws for them then pulls back out her notepad.

   "Ok, are we ready to order?" Maddy nods.

   "I'll have... the club salad with the like clear ranch." Scarlett raises an eyebrow.

   "You mean vinegarette?" 

   "Uh yeah. That's the clear one right?" Scarlett just nods and turns to Nate.

   "Just a burger. No fries." Nate says looking up at Scarlett and he gives her a fake smile in which she returns.

   "Ok. I'll  take your menus and your order will be out soon." Maddy hands Scarlett their menus and Scarlett goes to the back to give the cooks their order.

   After 15 minutes their order is ready and Scarlett is yet again set out to deliver it to them.

   "Ok here's your food, anything else?"

   "No we're good, thanks," Maddy says and pours her dressing on the salad.

   "Ok, enjoy."