Prologue

Everything came to a standstill

Everything came to a standstill. Raindrops stopped falling, droplets were motionlessly suspended in the air, and the sound of rain splattering to the ground fell silent. People stood like statues, people in cars, on bicycles, were all lifeless and frozen in place.

But a handsome young man casually strolled around the usually bustling city, sauntering down the wet and lifeless streets.

The noisy atmosphere earlier from the falling rain grew faint. It was silent to the point of soundlessness, but the silence was not at all uncomfortable.

He had already gotten used to the silence. Ever since 'he' left, his days have been nothing but boring.

The man paused on his tracks and stood before a glass door, his eyes fell onto the wooden sign that had 'Florist' engraved on it.

He could see his reflection on the glass door that exhibited his unbelievably stunning appearance. An 'exquisite piece of art believed to be hand-sculpted by the gods', or atleast that's what 'he' would always say.

His hair that was as black as the most pure of velvety nights complimented his eyes that were a dark pool of emptiness.

But his empty eyes only conveyed a fraction of the emptiness that he felt.

The void in his heart that was once a special place for his most dearest, an empty space no one else could ever fill is an endless abyss that he dwells in every single day.

He picked out a certain flower and took his wallet out of his pocket to pay for the flowers he chose. Even though he could have just left without paying since the florist wouldn't know anyway.

As the man left, everything began to come back to life, time was unfrozen and no one except himself knew what happened, or at least that was what he thought.

The florist was confused to see money on the counter and some of the bouquets missing but she just chuckled and smiled.

"It's him again." She let out a small laugh.

"Aah~ Whoever's receiving it must be so lucky."

The man looked up to the sun that was almost entirely obscured by heavy clouds. Raindrops continued descending to the ground, splattering hard against his head, soaked his clothing, leaving him chilled.

The beads of water from his wet hair rolled down to his muscular chest wetting his now transparent clothing. His well-defined abdominal muscles were now on display.

He gazed up at the sky and watched as the raindrops fall and moisten his face.

In front of him was an old tree. But to him, it wasn't just an ordinary old tree.

He placed the flowers he just bought beside a picture frame and a sign that says, 'Rat Bastard' and stood up to leave. He walked away, slowly coming out of view, leaving behind the flowers.

Stargazer Lilies.

"They were your favorite, right? You're welcome." He muttered under his breath.

.

.

.

"Come back already, bastard."