The Date

I anxiously waited for Brayden to pick me up as I waited outside the lobby doors of my apartment. I had my long, brown hair in a side braid and I had on a pink and blue crop top with some skinny jeans. I didn't want to sound desperate or anything. "Maybe this was a bad idea..." I mumbled, thinking he wasn't coming. "Hey Maya! What're you doing just standing there?! Come on!" Brayden said, offering me his hand. I took it, smiled, and we headed off for dinner.
<time skip to being at the restaurant>
We entered the doors of... Chipotle, my all time favorite restaurant. "How'd you know?" I said, smirking at his grinning face. "Let's just say I've stalked your account since 50 followers... I'll Go find us a booth. Be right back," he stated, leaving me speechless that he's stalked my account... for a long time.. "Whoa.." I mumbled, feeling hope for the first time. Brayden came back with a smile and we walked up to the cashier to order. After we got what we wanted, we took a seat in the booth and my unsocial skills kicked in. Good thing Brayden was there... "So Maya.. How's life?" He asked, taking a sip of his drink. "Not too great.." I admitted as I tried to hide my watering eyes. "What do you mean?" Brayden asked, as he pulled my hands away from my eyes. "You want to hear my story?" I muffled as he looked into my eyes. "Yes, I do." Brayden replied, leaving me clueless where to start. "Okay. Well... let's start from the beginning. Both of my parents were killed in this horrible car accident, leaving me and my sister stranded. My sister was 4, and I was 8. I knew enough that when I shook my mom, she wasn't alive. I wept miserably with my sister, telling her our parents were dead. My mom was always there for me, while my dad kept his distance. Then my sister was adopted into a new family, leaving me homeless. I was adopted at age 10, where I moved from Colorado all the way to California. In California, I started my new life. I found friends... I found a wonderful family... And I found you. I would watch your videos all day, making me forget about my past. When at the highest point in my life, it took a fall. I was watching the news to find out my sister was killed by family abuse. I was crushed and I lost all hope. So when I graduated high school and turned 18, I decided to move to Canada. My college I'm going to is in this town, so I took a risk and moved here. It also increased my chances of meeting you, and I think I came out pretty successful. But I don't have a job, I have not enough money to live on, and I don't have any friends. My life is crumbling into pieces that I can't pick up. So, that's my story." I said, tears rolling down my cheeks, my eyes red and puffy, and my heart shattered. "Maya..." Brayden said sympathetically and softly. Before I could stop myself I was crying heavily. Brayden came over beside me, told me to stand up, and hugged me. "You know you're an amazing girl, okay? You don't need to worry. I have a job for you, I'm your friend, and I can be the family you need right now. You might not be able to pick up the pieces, but I can. I'm here for you Maya." Brayden said soothingly.
That's probably the greatest sentence I'll ever hear.