Morning Scares

I jolted up from my dream. I couldn't clearly remember what my dream consisted of. It was all jumbled up and fuzzy. It was if I was drunk -scratch that- it was as if I had gone overboard with alcohol.

Before I could finish wondering through my very fuzzy, confusing dream, my mom ran into the room yelling and shouting "Happy Birthday" at the top of her lungs. There's no wa-.

I had completely forgot that today, January 6, was my 17th birthday. I pretty much flung myself out from underneath my heavy covers, and jumped into her arms. Her hug was tight, full of care.

Not only was her hair in a tied up, frizzy, messy bun but she was still wearing her pajamas. The ones my dad got her for Christmas. Pink, stripped, Victoria Secret, button up, long sleeve and the matching shorts we're stretched across her thighs. From the information I gathered she had jsut woken from a deep slumber. Not only was her appreance bad but her breath was out of this world. Yuck! I kept my mouth shut though. I wasn't about to bag on my mom when she got out of bed just to tell me happy birthday.

I thanked her for the birthday wish. As I pulled away from her warm embrace my dad was walking through the door with a big present held in his arms. He was also still clad in his pajamas too but they weren't as fancy as mom's. Plain white-t and his boxers.

Dad's lips spread into a grin as he saw my eyes lite up. "Happy birthday, baby."

I was beaming. The present was wrapped in silver and black stripped wrapping paper. It had a blue and black bow wrapped around all four sides and tided at the top. It was extremly clean, neat, not to mention gorgeous for a bow.

He walked to where mom and I were standing. "We got you something.

As if that wasn't obvious at all! He handed it to me and it was oddly light. I was surprised considering it was a very large box. Something this big hand to be at least a heavy chunk and this wasn't heavy at all! I guess they say the confused look on my face and they giggled, leaving me clueless.

I mean it's just weird for a box this big to be that light. I shrugged off the confusion and started to slowly (trying) to slide the the bow off the box because it was cute and I wanted to keep it. Before I could even get it half way free dad came over and cut the sides of the ribbon off. Impatient much? My mouth couldn't form words to stop him because he did it so quickly.

The top of the bow was still in tact. I picked it up and looked up at him. "At least this part is salvageable." the words came out in a rude tone. He ruined the bow! But I quickly forgave him as he began to give me the puppy dog face. I know, my dad is cooler than yours.

The bow was placed safely onto my dresser and I now turned my attention to the bow-less present sitting on my sheeted, double bed. I plopped myself right beside it and started ripping at the wrapping paper. My mind was buzzing with excitement as I did it. I was excited to see what would come from the large, but light in weight present.

-(Edited by SmileyXBooX)