a choatic morning

Today is the day of the concert. Is it weird that I don't want to go? My mind is completely scattered and I feel like all my energy is drained.

Logan hasn't talked to me since the party, which is really unusual.

Makayla is hella pissed at me because of the Logan situation.

My brother doesn't believe me about not being back in the gang.

Seth will not leave me alone. If it's not him giving me little "visits" it's some of the other gang members I used to work with.

I can't deal with all this anymore. I just can't.

It also doesn't help that my damn ex won't stop trying to get back with me.

That day I was supposed to meet him, I didn't. Makayla was right. I don't need to have any connection to him because I might end up falling for him again.

Which is impossible because to fall for someone again, you have to first be over them. I don't think I'll ever be fully over with him.

I get why I would never commit to a relationship with Logan, I was scared of trusting someone again. After what Jake did to me, I don't think I'll ever fully trust someone again....

I slowly rolled out of my bed and pulled on some shorts. As I stood up, I felt a migraine settle in. Why must my body retaliate against me? I'm having a bad enough time without having to deal with physical pain.

I walked downstairs towards the kitchen and began to make coffee. As that was brewing, I began making eggs and toast. Once that was all done and I was done eating, I went right back up to my room and watched Netflix.

After two episodes of The Carrie Diaries, my phone rang. I looked down at it and it had Makaylas name over the screen. I answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey Loren, are we still going to Cody's concert tonight?"

"Makayla, do you even wanna go with me? You've been acting like you hate me. I don't feel like going if the whole time we are together, it feels like we are strangers."

"I miss you and I think this concert is what we need. I really do think this could reconnect us. So, what do you say? You up for a night with little ole me?"

"I guess.... Makayla I really do miss us."

"I miss you too. Would it be okay if I came over and we help each other find stuff to wear tonight?"

"I would love that!"

"I'll be over in about an hour!"

"See you then, bye Makayla!"

"Bye Loren!"

This day isn't looking as bad as it did this morning. Words can't describe how much my friendship with Makayla means to me, so this is a huge weight off my shoulders.

I cut the tv off and begin to clean up my room. It legit looks like a tornado blew throw it. As I finished making up my bed, the door bell rang. My legs ran down the stairs and I opened up the door, expecting to see Makayla but seeing Jake instead.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I barked at Jake.

He just smirked while pushing past me. Jake then turned around and pushing me up against the wall. He's breath was filled with the aroma of alcohol.

I cringed, "Your drunk and you need to leave now."

"Loren, I miss you. I will do whatever it takes to get you back. Please Loren, I need you," Jake pleaded.

"No, what you need is a bottle of water and a box of crackers," I spat as I got him just what he needed.

Jake laughed as I have him a bottle of water and a box of crackers. He and I sat down on my couch when the door bell rang.

"Stay here and I'll get the door." I spoke to Jake and he just nodded in response.

I opened the door and there was Makayla with two bags full of, which I assume to be, clothes. She came in and began to walk up stairs when Jake spoke.

"Who's at the door, Loren?" Jake spoke.

"What the hell Loren! I told you not to see him!" Makayla began to yell at me.

"He showed at me door drunk off his ass. I'm just trying to sober him up so he can leave," I spoke back to Makayla.

————-
wow has time flown since I last posted a chapter... I'm going through a rough patch in life at the moment and decided to get back into something that brought me so much joy, writing! I have three chapters in my draft from years ago and this is one of them. I am posting all three today and hopefully soon I will have a new chapter. I'm excited to show you how much my writing style has changed and matured.
-Malenah Brook