Part 38

Nandini slowly regained consciousness.

Dr. Singh: Hello Ma'am. How are you feeling now?

Nandini smiled and nodded at him. She looked around to see everyone around her.

Manik and Abhimanyu sitting right beside her while the elders on the couch. Cabir , Navya and Radhika were standing in a corner.

Nandini saw Navya and muttered a Sorry to her.

Navya nodded her head in NO and smiled at her.

Abhimanyu patted her head: How are you Nandu? 

Nandini: Totally fine bhai.

Manik whispered slowly but audible enough for Nandini to hear: And over smart too.

Dr. Singh: Vaise good that you got hurt Ma'am.

Manik's eyes snapped towards him immediately followed by others too. He immediately said:

Excuse me?

Dr. Singh: I mean varna Ma'am ko kabhi treat kar hi nahi pate. It was my privilege.

Manik was glaring at him continuously which was making the doctor nervous too.

Nandini saw this and so to divert everyone's mind from the lame joke of the doctor she said: What happened but? Everything is fine?

Manik: Do you want to treat yourself also now Nandini? You wanna be your own doctor, stay quiet for a while.

Nandini was about to snap back but she was in no position to argue with that cute man then and she did not even wish to do that and so she stayed silent.

Dr. Singh: No need to worry , its just a cut on your forehead. Dressing is done while your stomach hit the corner of the table and so there are some internal injuries which will take time to heal but they will. They are not too deep and so you will be fine soon. I will take your leave now. Mr. Malhotra you can take them home and I don't think I need to tell Ma'am about the Dos and DON'Ts , she knows them well.

Manik: Oh your Ma'am knows nothing. Please let me know whatever has to be done. 

Doctor agreed and told him about all the precautions that needed to be taken along with less walking and movement activities, that would help heal better.

After listening to everything, they all returned home. Manik still carrying Nandini and took her up in the room. He laid her down on the bed and stood up to fetch some water.

Nandini held his hands not allowing him to go.

Nandini: Gussa ho?

Manik: Nandini leave my hand, let me bring some water for you.

Nandini: Manik I am sorry, import-

Manik: Nandini I said let me go, ham baad me baat karenge when you will be fine totally, lets not talk about this now, Please

Maintaining the calm posture all the time, Manik did not wish to talk about that topic now as he did not want to shout on Nandini when she is in that condition.  He knows he will not be able to control his anger and so it was better not to talk about it then rather messing things up.

Nandini left his hand sighing. Manik went towards thhe study table and brought water along with medicines for Nandini.

Manik: Here, have them and sleep for some time.

Nandini: Manik, gussa hi kar lo but don't behave this distant na please.

Manik: Nandini I am in no mood to argue over this topic right now and nor are you in the condition to talk about the same, its okay , tumhare apne reasons the, you decided to go without letting me know, OKAY! Now respect my reasons Nandini, I don't want to talk about it right now , you are in no condition to talk about it right now so let's not. 

Manik settled down beside her and cupped her cheeks.

Manik: I am not angry with you .

Nandini: Really .

Manik nodded and kissed her forehead.

Manik : Have some rest now, I will be back.

Nandini nodded and lied down, due to the  medicines she slept soon.

Manik went out of the room to see Navya standing there.

Navya: Manik vo hame maaf kar do , hame use jaane nahi dena chahiye tha.

Manik: Its okay Navya, she is safe just because of you. Baad me tum nahi batati to ham log time par pahoch hi nahi pate, Thanks a lot.

Navya: Uski zarurat nahi hain, accha tum usse naaraz nahi ho na, sach me? Vo ham Nandu ko dekhne hi aaye the to sun li tumhari baat.

Manik: Navya I did not lie to Nandini, I am not angry with her, I AM DISAPPOINTED. I expected her to come to me or anyone. But, anyways leave it, I don't want to talk about it right now and please you too don't do that.

Navya nodded and left to check on Radhika.

Manik was not angry with her but he was disappointed.  He was blaming himself at this point. Maybe Nandini did not trust him enough to share it with him.