Chapter One: Prologue.

Young Allan Godfry ran through the woods chasing after his prey. He took an arrow from his sheath and steadied it on his bow. He pulled back and-whoosh! The arrow flew from its resting place at once and pierced the rabbit at once. When Allan reached the animal and bent down to pick it up, he heard a rustling behind him. He turned and saw the cloak of what looked to be a young maiden. Shaking his head and laughing to himself, he turned once again and admired the rabbit. He whistled. "What a mighty fine animal, here," he said picking it up. "We ought to get ye cleaned up a wee bit." So that's exactly what he did. Alan chuckled and slung the hare over his shoulder and jogged to the nearby river. When he got there, he began to skin his hare and rinse it in the water.

When Allan arrived home after a tiresome walk, he got right to work on building a makeshift fire in his front yard and began roasting the rabbit. Allan sighed after he slumped down against the edge of his unique home. It was a Giant California Redwood with much room on the inside, and it even had three stories. Of course he could not have a stove in the home, considering it is a tree, so he did all of his cooking outside. "Ah," He sighed as he smelled the roasted and completely done hare. "This was well worth my wait!" He said as he finished the last chewy bite of food. When he finished he decided he should sleep outside that clear, starry night.

On the other side of the forest the same young maiden the Allan spotted before was watching him- very closely, to be correct. Yes she was at least a mile away, but she wasn't a normal maiden of 1863 England. She was Elaine Yorkshire, the unknown queen of a special species. Her kind is still unknown to the world but as for now only the author and the reader shall know of whom she belongs to.