Goodnight

They've always said I have no heart.
They've said I am cold-hearted, unapproachable.

Maybe that was because I really didn't know how to feel anything.
Maybe I really had no heart at all.

I've tried very hard to feel nothing for years.
There was no need for emotions, they were only in my way.

But, as it turned out, I had a heart.
Or rather, it was given to me in the form of your brother.

And suddenly everything wasn't as horrible as it had seemed.

You always say I have no heart.
That's because you ripped it out, my heart, and threw it away.

And now I am not able to feel anything anymore.

Chapter 2: Goodnight

The bed was too big to be his own and the ceiling looked wrong, nothing like the old and yellowish plaster of his room. The sun was bright and warm on his face, he could see the dust dancing in the rays of light in front of his eyes, and somewhere in the distance he heard the waves of the sea and even a few seagulls.

There was one thing he was sure of now; this was not his bed, and this was not the room he used to sleep in with the other boys.

He remembered now, what had happened, and his throat felt right.

Not that he cared, no, no ...

It was just so weird.

He sat up while rubbing his eyes and his gaze landed on the heavy double doors at the other end of the room. No one was around, he was all alone. That was nothing new for him, and really, he was okay with that, but where should he go now? Was he supposed to just wait here, silently, for someone to knock at the door, or was it okay to leave this spacious room in order to search for Corazon?

Law was, and had always been, a very curious child. Sitting here, waiting for someone to notice him, that was not like him at all. He carefully slipped out of the bed, his small feet searching for the floor underneath. The bed was so big and the floor seemed so far away, but in the end he managed to get out without breaking his legs.

His head turned around, his eyes taking in his surrounding; the room was big, the furniture elegant and made of dark wood. There was a piano in the far back corner, and several bookshelves in the other. Even though the room was big it looked as if it was barely used as a room to live in, dusk covering the selves and wood while random things were stacked here and there.

Law walked past the mirrored wardrobe made of cherry wood to the heavy double doors. He was almost too small to even reach the handle, and he really hoped that not all the doorknobs on this ship were positioned that high and out of his reach.

He could hear voices from above, but he didn't dare to go upstairs without Corazon at his side. Law didn't know why, but he enjoyed Corazon's presence. It was calming. Walking around here without Corazon seemed like a bad idea to Law and so he wandered around, searching for the pink feather coat.

Finding Corazon was an impossible task, or so it seemed. The ship was huge and the corridors below the deck were dimly lit with no windows at all.

"Who are you!?"

Law turned around, his eyes wide with panic. He really didn't want to face anyone!

In front of him stood an oldish woman. Her bushy hair was green and she was wearing a pink flamenco dress, which seemed a bit too tight around her body. Her face was full of heavy make-up and the pink pointed glasses she wore were reminding Law of Doflamingo's glasses.

"What are you doing here?!"

Law just stared at her for several minutes until he cleared his throat. "I am going to be the new doctor of this ship." He straightened up, his arms crossed in front of his small chest; his brow was furrowed as if he was trying to intimidate her with his gaze alone.