S2: Fury

Winter POV

"I was wondering how long it would take for you to get here." Deaton says as I walk into the Hale house.

"Should've been here sooner by the look of things." I grumble, glaring at the hole in the floor.

Derek watches me approach, his arm covered in blood and his shirt ripped.

I circle around before stopping next to him.

"Just can't stay out of trouble, can you?" I tease and he huffs, looking around.

"It actually happened."

"Don't worry. You're still Alphas. But, as usual, not particularly competent ones." Deaton comments, hanging a dog whistle around his neck.

I grin.

"Where is he?" Derek asks, ignoring the comment.

"I wish I could tell you."

"Then how 'bout you tell us what you're doing here, and why you're helping us." He says, stepping closer to Deaton.

"Helping your family actually used to be a pretty important part of my life. Helping you, and Winter, was a promise I made to your mother."

Derek and I look at eachother.

"You're the one our sister talked about." Derek realizes, turning back to Deaton. "She said you're a...kind of advisor?"

"She was right. And I have some advice you need to listen to very closely right now." Deaton looks at the hole in the floor. "What Peter managed to do, doesn't come without a price. He'll be physically weak, so he'll rely on the strength of his intelligence, his cunning.
He's going to come at you, Derek. And maybe you too, Winter. He'll try to twist his way inside your heads, preying on your insecurities. He'll try to tell you he's the only way you can stop Gerard. Do not trust him."

"I don't trust anyone," Derek grumbles.

I wack his side, glaring at him.

"Except for one," He corrects.

"I know. If you did trust anyone other then her, you might be the Alpha you like to think you are. And unfortunately, the other person you should trust doesn't trust you at all."

"Scott."

"He's with Stilinski right now. You need to find him, you need to find him as fast as you can. I've known Gerard for a long time. He always has a plan. Something tells me it's going exactly the way he wants it to."

"So what's the plan?" I ask.

○●○

"This was a horrible plan." I grumble, glaring at the police station door in front of Derek and I.

Jackson had caught us as soon as we had arrived, slicing the back of our necks.

Scott opens the door, his face melting into relief.

"Oh, thank God."

Jackson shoves us forward and we land on our backs, side by side.

My hand ends up under my thigh so I unsheath my claws, looking at Stiles with someone very unexpected behind him.

"Matt?" I ask, my claws digging into my thigh, triggering my healing.

"That's right, you weren't there." Matt grins dangerously.

"He's controlling the Kanima," Stiles explains.

"I gathered that," I grumble.

"This is the one controlling him?" Derek asks as Matt looms over us. "This kid?"