CHAPTER 7

*TW: suicidal thoughts and suicide attempt

*TW: suicidal thoughts and suicide attempt. Slight mention of Electroshock therapy.*

Eleanor woke up in her room and she lazily looked around as the fog in her brain slowly lifted itself. She attempted to move from her bed but noticed restraints pinning her wrists and ankles to the bed. She tugged on them with more fervor but stopped as Sister Mary Eunice walked into the room. She had a smile on her face that seemed almost sinister.

"Well, I see you're finally awake Miss Anderson." She said, peering down at the woman, "Did you have a good nap?"

"How-how long have I been asleep?" She asked, her voice hoarse.

Mary Eunice shrugged, "Almost a full day. You were very adamant about fighting for Kit Walker's innocence. We had to give you a good dose of sedatives."

"Because he is innocent." She glared, her fingers flexing out involuntarily.

"Oh, sweetheart," Mary Eunice caressed her cheek and gave her a condescending smirk, "You can't possibly know that. After all, you are crazy."

Eleanor jerked in the bed, her restraints keeping her from lashing out at the nun, "I'm not crazy!"

She gave a humorless chuckle, "Seems I've touched a nerve, huh?" Her smirk remained even as she shrugged, "But of course you're crazy. That's why you were dumped at a mental hospital and abandoned all those years ago."

Eleanor paused and stared into the woman's eyes. She gasped as she thought she saw Mary Eunice's eyes flash an eerie yellow; completely unnatural in nature and not at all like the kind blue she was normally used to seeing in the woman's eyes.

"What are you?" She whispered, her eyes narrowing, "Who are you?"

She raised an eyebrow and tilted her head. After a beat of silence, she hummed, "You're quite the soul reader, aren't you, Miss Anderson?"

"It's one of my many talents." She answered sarcastically.

"Well you should know, so am I."

"I don't doubt that. You obviously aren't Sister Mary Eunice. You may look like her, sound like her, but you're not her." Her head twitched to up.

Mary Eunice leaned down towards the woman's face, nearly hovering over her body, "Tell me, how long have you had a crush on me?"

Her breath caught in her throat, "I don't know what you're talking about." She replied, her shaky voice revealing her shot nerves.

She wiggled a finger in her face and tsked, "Ah-Ah, no lying. What was it about her that drew you in? The kind eyes, the smile, the blonde hair? Maybe the fact that it seemed like she actually gave a fuck about you?" She smirked.