(32) Love vs. Lust

Love vs. Lust

Chapter 32

The days past quickly and soon it was time for Conner to return to college. Cole picked us up at our house and drove us to the airport. He looked different from what I could remember. He was definitely much more mature and much hotter then I remembered. I guess he grew up a lot in the year that I was missing.

I hugged Conner goodbye and promised him that I would be ok. I wasn’t sure if it was true but it seemed to make him feel better. Once he had boarded the plane Cole and I headed back to the car. I could tell that he wanted to talk to me but he was probably feeling just as awkward as me. It was strange being around him knowing that we had some sort of romantic relationship that I couldn’t remember. I wanted to know how serious it was but I didn’t want to ask so instead I just kept quiet and stared out of the window.

Cole pulled his car into my driveway and walked me inside. He asked me if I was ok and if there was anything that I needed before he left. When he was gone I felt relieved. I fell down on the couch, rolled into a little ball and cried myself to sleep. My whole life is a mess and from what I could understand it was all my fault.

I woke up to the sound of the doorbell ringing. I groaned and got up to see who it was. I wanted to ignore it but knew that Conner would be on the first flight back if it was Cole and he reported back to him that I was ignoring him. I pulled open the door and just like I thought, Cole was standing there. He smiled at me and held up a plastic bag.

“I thought you might be hungry” he said, still smiling.

“I guess I am” I replied stepping aside so that he could enter.

I locked the door behind me and sat down on the couch that I have been using as a bed for the last two weeks. Cole handed me some Chinese take aways and sat down on one of the empty couches. We ate in silence and I couldn’t help but wanting him to leave. When we were done eating he threw away our boxes and took a seat next to me. It felt strange being so close to him and to be honest it scared me.

I was about to tell him to leave when he pulled me into his arms and hugged me. I don’t know what came over me but instead of fighting him off I wrapped my arms around him and burst into tears. He held me until I stopped crying and when I pulled away his white t shirt was stained with tears. He looked really sad and nervous as he wiped my tears from my face. I felt a strange sensation run through my body at his touch making me even more scared.

“I’m so sorry Gabby, I feel like this is all my fault. If I didn’t lie to you none of this would have happened” he whispered, looking guilty.

“It’s ok” I replied since I didn’t really know what he was talking about. Conner had told me that he had dated Reagan before he hooked up with me and that she claimed that she was pregnant with his baby but that she was just lying and that it wasn’t his. He didn’t go into too much detail about my relationship with Cole or with Gordon, I suppose he didn’t know all the details.

“I think you should go now” I said getting up from the couch to get away from him. I didn’t want to be around him anymore, I didn’t like the way he made me feel.

“Ok, I’ll come around tomorrow again” he stated but it was more like a question.

“That’s fine” I replied walking over to the door and opening it. I could tell that he didn’t want to leave but he didn’t argue.