one-shot

My take on a daycare au starring BTS ft. Dahyun. This one-shot is one I've been meaning to write for so long but only had the motivation and time to do so now. And since my classes are over, well there you have it. I hope you enjoy! :>

• • •

It's a beautiful Friday morning in Seoul, but Kim Seokjin wasn't feeling the "Thank God It's Friday" vibe right now.

He was pacing back and forth, phone over his ears as he bit his lips in distress. Children of different age groups ranging from 3 to 7-year-olds frolicked around the wide nursery room. Some were playing, some were fighting over toys, some were crying — it was utter chaos and Seokjin was impatient, trying to contact particular people that might help him ease his predicament.

"Jin hyung!" Two men in casual black clothes and hiking boots call out as they arrive. Seokjin let out a breath of relief, wiping the sweat off of his forehead, his hair brushed up in the process.

"Morning, hyung." The younger between the two men, Jungkook, greeted with a grin. He wore a comfortable shirt and shorts, Timberland hiking boots, and a black bucket hat over his head. He also carried a big bag pack on his back.

"Hey, aren't you supposed to be at your restaurant today?" Jimin queried, looking around the daycare center curiously. His fashion wasn't much less different from Jungkook. "I didn't know you own a daycare, hyung."

"This isn't mine," Jin said. Jungkook had never seen his hyung so infuriated that it looked funny to his eyes. If it were under normal circumstances, he would've made fun of him.

"Stop frowning. That'd make you age faster," the youngest commented, setting down his backpack at the end of a row of mini lockers outside the room where children leave their bags and lunchboxes.

"Good morning! Is Miss Kim around?" A woman around her 30's, dressed in decent office clothes, greeted with a warm smile as she approached them. She came with a little boy which the boys guessed was her son.

"Hello, good morning," Seokjin bowed to the woman politely. "Miss Kim isn't here and I'm the one in charge today."

"Oh, are you a new teacher?"

Seokjin rubbed the back of his neck, unsure of what to answer but nodded eventually, musing, "I guess I am now."

"Mommy, Mommy! I want to play with my friends already!" The woman's cute, little son clasped onto the hem of his mother's blazer, tugging it eagerly, asking for her attention.

"Okay, you can play with your friends now. They're inside." Seokjin motioned to the daycare room, earning a wider grin from the little boy.

"I'll be leaving, then. Have fun, Taehyun," the lady bent down as she received a kiss on a cheek from her son. Taehyun took off his bag and shoes, placing them quickly on the shoe rack before he dashed to the room, his bowl-cut hair bouncing up and down as he jogged towards his group of friends.

Jimin and Jungkook observed the boy in delight. "Aw, he's cute," they cooed.

The lady said her thanks before she took her leave. By then, other more guys arrived one by one.

"What's up?" Namjoon, a Professor of a nearby university came along, followed by Suga, a producer, and Hoseok who was a dance instructor.

"Ah, I'm supposed to be surfing right now," Taehyung complained as he walked into the daycare center's corridor, sporting some colorful beach shorts, a floral imprinted tee and cool sunnies. "What's with the sudden call?"

The others gazed at Seokjin, all asking the same thing.

"First of all, I don't own this daycare, it's my sister's. And thank goodness, you're all here. You were the only ones I could reach the moment." Seokjin explained. "I need your help to—"