the bloody git

I closed the door behind me with a kick, the loud bang doing nothing to sooth the hurricane of a headache throbbing in my temples. My hand traced the wall for a switch, I finally found it after a centaury of fumbling and flicked it , Light bathed the dark office. My nose flared in the familiar scent, my father's office smelt like earth and flowers ,a funny soothing scent.

To the far wall is a burgundy leather desk chair , before it, is a cherry desk that is redundant, not a single piece of paper is seen on the neatly polished desk it, only hosts a large frame housing the smiling picture of my mum, the same face is smiling at me on the wall behind the desk. Her black hair is gathered in a bun atop her head, her eyes twinkled, reflecting the happy smile curved on her lips, her face is pale, shinning, an intense ray of light is reflecting on it as though the photographer is using the sun, not a camera.

she is breathtakingly beautiful, my mother. And she has a matching personality.

To the left of the door, are two black leather sofas, opposite the sofas is a coffee table with glass surface, newspapers are carefully pilled on the edge of the table. The dark purple curtains are drown, shutting the sunlight out.

I tossed my purse to the side and curled up on the sofa. The secretary was going to bring coffee in a while but in the mean time, I had to nurse my throbbing temples.

My father's office is my sanctuary. Being the CEO , his office was safe of wondering staff, people avoided it like a plague . The earthly smell and the quite helps me relax plus my father really dots on me. And I like it!

knock...Knock!

finally , some coffee.

knock!

The sound, though gentle , exploded in my head, excruciating pain shoots up from my temples to the back of my head. I twirled a finger around my temple in an effort to ease the pain.

Knock

" Come in," I say to the door through gritted teeth.

I tucked my head between my knees and tried to concentrate on my breaths . I would sooner die than take a pill.

The door opens, letting in a soft breeze and muffled noise from downstairs.

"Jasmin," I said in a greeting without lifting my head up.

quite

That's odd, my father's secretary is a chatterbox, her being quite should be another wonder of the world.

the smell of coffee didn't hit me nose.

please have coffee with you

I lifted my head up wincing at the shooting pain.

An amused pair of green eyes stared back at me.

instead of Jasmin's petite figure, before me stood a . .

giant