𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧

July 15, 1990

Iris woke up to the sound of someone knocking on the door of her room. She sat up slowly, rubbing her sleepy eyes as she opened them. She got up and walked over to the door, not expecting to see Seokjin standing there with a smile on his face and a food tray in his hands.

"Good morning! Can I come in?" Seokjin tilted his head, anticipating her response. Iris nodded, stepping aside for him to enter.

"So, I prepared Pancakes, Coffee and Butter spread for you!" Seokjin placed the tray on the bed and looked at her. "Happy eating!"

He walked out of the room, gently closing the door behind him. Iris finished her meal and went to the kitchen a few minutes later. She was surprised when Seokjin entered the kitchen with a bottle of wine in his right hand after she had finished washing the dishes. He opened the bottle and poured some into two wine glasses.

"Uhh, it's early in the morning-"

"Oh, this is not yours, Iris," Seokjin muttered.

Suddenly, a figure appeared behind Seokjin, walking towards him with a wide smile on his face. "Hey, Iris! Jin-hyung invited me to his kitchen for a serious discussion. I don't understand why it's supposed to be here. Is it possible for us to go outside? I just finished dancing, and I'm completely drenched-"

"No, I'd rather be here. Iris, after all, is already here." Seokjin took a seat in a dining chair. "Would you like to join us, Iris?"

"Okay..." Iris answered, almost squeaking.

Hoseok and Iris sat in front of Seokjin, unsure of what would happen. Iris felt anxious because she had only spoken with these two young gentlemen a few times.

"Do you wanna know who we really are, Iris?" Seokjin asked.

Iris looked at him and smiled, relieved that she would finally get to know them. With those innocent eyes, she replied, "Yes."

"Well then, I'll start with the basics. But first, I want you to know that I'm doing this so you can at least trust us and because we care for you as well, hmm?"

Iris nodded.

"So, first and foremost, we were once humans. I believe you heard it from one of us. We're neither dead nor alive." Seokjin refilled his wine glass. "Jimin was the first one to arrive. He died trying to save his younger brother. His brother attempted to jump from a cliff but instead fell into the sea. Someone gave him a second opportunity in life, this time as the owner of a Magic Shop."

We both fell from a cliff. Iris thought.

"Namjoon arrived weeks later. He is, in fact, a human. Completely human. He works as a detective. He stumbled upon this place, and he befriended Jimin, gave him an immortality concoction, and the rest is history." Seokjin continued.

"Wait, I thought this place is only for souls like me?" Iris asked with wide eyes.

"Oh.. no, sweetie," Hoseok finally spoke. "Namjoon was having issues with his parents at the time, so it was fate that he was brought here by the Magic Shop. If someone has evil intentions against Magic Shop, however, that person will only be able to see a plain island. Also, keep in mind that the Magic Shop has the ability to see right through your heart."

Seokjin nodded and took another sip of wine. Hoseok faced Iris, "After Namjoon came, Yoongi and I came together. We were... murdered." He looked down as awful memories began to flood his mind, but he felt a hand on his shoulder and saw Iris with mournful eyes looking at him. "We're best friends, just like Taehyung and Jungkook—oh, you haven't met them yet, but they'll be here later," he said.

"Last but not least, my backstory," Seokjin began, clearing his throat. "I used to work as a hotelier, which is why I accepted this role here. I was 20 years old when I acquired a deadly disease and eventually died."

Iris fidgeted her fingers as she looked down. She has never spoken to any adults other than her grandma before arriving here, so she is worried about how to respond in these circumstances. She only interacts with babies and children since they are nonjudgmental and fun to be around.

"Iris!" a handsome man with a coconut-like head shouted for her name, panting while leaning on a wall. He still looks good even when sweating. Iris thought.

Hoseok smirked.

The man smiled, showing his bunny teeth.

"The magic lamp turned purple! You're finally going home!"

________________________________________

𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙜𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙢𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙢𝙚

𝙎𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙡𝙡 𝙜𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪