Part 15- Life Without Him

"Okay, who here hasn't been to space?" Rocket says as I strap myself into the chair on his ship. I raise my hand along with Steve, Nat and Rhodey. 

"Why?" Rhodey asks. 

"You better not throw up on my ship." Rocket responds. 

"Approaching jump in 3... 2... 1!" The blue woman says. I know her name, Nebula. I hold onto my seat tight and look out the window to see an array of colours stream past us. The ship then slows down. I watch as Carol gets out her seat and then appear in front of the ship. 

"I'll head down for recon." I hear her voice through the ship. 

"This is gonna work, Steve." I hear Nat say from in front of me. 

"I know it will... Cause I don't know what I'm going to do if it doesn't." He responds. "And I don't want to know what Oana will do to any of us if it doesn't." He tries to say quietly but I can still hear him.

"I can hear you." I say giving him my death stare. He just smiles at me and turns back around. 

"No satellites, no ships, no armies, no ground defences of any kind. It's just him." Carol says appearing back in front of us. I furrow my brows unable to believe what she is saying. 

"And that's enough." Nebula says. 

----------------

After we watched Thor go into Thanos' hut, me, Nat and Steve walk in. I watch as Rocket walk over to the severed hand and turns it over. "Oh no." I hear him say. I walk over and see the golden glove does not hold the infinity stones. 

"No no no no." I say shaking my head. 

"Where are they?" Steve says. He doesn't answer. 

"Answer the question!" Carol says tightening her grip around his neck. 

"The universe required correction. After that, the stones served no purpose, beyond temptation." Thanos says. 

"You murdered trillions!" Bruce shouts pushing him over in his amour. 

"You should be grateful." Just then Bruce punches him. 

I walk closer to him, "Where are the Stones?" I say sternly. 

"Gone. Reduced to atoms." 

"You used them two days ago!" Bruce shouts. 

"I used the stones to destroy the stones. It nearly killed me. But the work is done. It always will be." I look at him, tears filling my eyes. "I am... inevitable." 

"We have to tear this place apart, he-he-he has to be lying." Rhodey says. 

"My father is many things. A liar is not one of them." I look to Nebula and shake my head. 

"Ah, thank you, daughter." Thanos says. "Perhaps I treated you too harshly." Suddenly Thor swings his axe and slices his head clean off. I take a step back in shock. 

" What... What did you do?" Rocket says. 

"I went for the head." Thor says. I watch as he walks out the hut. 

-------------------------------

5 years later:

My eyes slowly open to the sun shinning in my room. I stretch and fully turn over looking out my window, over the lake. I stay like this for a few minutes before I hear my door slowly open and small feet tiptoe around my bed. "What you doing in here?" I say turning to face the person that just entered my room.