2 - True Art pt 2

A/N QUICK RECAP

Sasori and Deidara are arguing over what "true art" really is.

—————————

Sasori watched the blondes movements quietly. He sighed, rubbing his temples to ease the headache.

"What I was saying was that the puppets are symbols of the long-term battles fought by the artist! But I'm sure you don't understand the concept of symbolism, or any principle relating to art. After all, you completely skipped over that portion and went on to explain that your explosions are used for battle. Yes, your explosions are a weapon, but that's it. There is nothing artistic about explosions. Let that get through your thick skull, Deidara." he grumbled, crossing his arms. He was tired of the conversation.

Deidara scoffed, bringing his arms to his chest to mock the red heads movement. He too, was pissed.
"Then what are fireworks, Sasori my man? They're explosions used for art. Mine are no different. Just because you don't understand the true concept of art doesn't mean you can bash on mine, hm!" he looked away, his bangs flying away from his face. "The only other thing i have ever accepted as art...well that isn't relevant..hm. And don't you hate waiting? Why preserve art and take long to make it when you can just go out with a bang!"

Having enough, Sasori stepped forward and quickly slapped Deidara. The loud 'smack' sounded echoed through the empty hideout. The blonde just looked to the side in pure shock. The two stood in silence once again before Sasori groaned and sat down. They weren't getting anywhere with this.

"Don't call me "your man." first of all" he hissed, throwing off his cloak. All this bickering had him sweating. "Second, your explosions ARE different. Fireworks still leave residue, and they don't ruin the art of nature, either. Eternal youth is true art, no matter how long it takes to create it. Explosions just leave the viewer severely injured or dead."

Deidara scoffed and turned around to look anywhere but Sasori. His cheeks burned from frustration. He needed to blow something up. "If you cant learn to accept what art is, maybe i'll just have to show you hm! I would love to give some examples. Your "art" is just as bad as the damn Sharigan Itachi has! Nothing pisses me off more than that, i can handle you though." he yelled, letting his bangs fall over his eyes.

Itachi's sharingan. The first thing he ever acknowledged as art besides his own. No. It's not art. The furthest thing from it. Sasori's words brought him back to reality.

"Some examples, huh? I would love to see them if I wanted to gouge my eyes out. Even Itachi's eyes are more artistic than your explosions. They can create an infinite amount of possibilities, while yours only create destruction. Your art has a lesser chance of being good than Hidan finally dying. Admit it, Deidara. You're wrong" he smirked, finally getting an upperhand in the tug-of-war conversation.

"I'm not wrong! The last thing i'll admit to YOU is that art is "eternal". Absolutely not." he fired back.

"Admit that you're wrong."

"Admit that YOUR wrong and maybe i'll call a truce for now. Because your ignorance is starting to piss me off, sasori my man. Now how about it? You're wrong, just say it" no way in hell was he losing this conversation.

"There won't be a truce until YOU admit that you were wrong. When will you understand? If your art doesn't last, it isn't true art. Don't define it as true art when it isn't. Then your art becomes nothing but a fantasy, which is the very thing the Sharingan, which you hate, specializes in. Watching art burst away is anticlimactic." Sasori replied in a bored manner.

Deidara looked back to him, now furious. "I TOLD YOU NOT TO BRING UP THE DAMN SHARINGAN. Those "eternal" images piss me off. It stomps on everything my art is! It's not right. Damnnit Sasori why can't you just get it through your head! Hm!"

The sand ninja pinched the bride of his nose again, exhaling deeply. " It has gone through my head, and I disagree with it! Nothing will ever get me to believe that art is short-term. Art isn't, and will never be meant to disappear. Maybe your art is art in your definition, but it isn't art by the TRUE definition. Try making something meaningful out of clay without blowing it up. That will be true art." he finally let out.

Deidara sighed, looking down. He looked to his clay bird he maid in a fit of rage. He held it up, admiring it without setting it off. "Art is subjective..." he muttered.

"What was that?" Sasori asked, but Deidara shook his head.

"Fine look! Maybe....you can have a point. THIS DOESNT MEAN IM SAYING IM WRONG BUT- what if we're both right?" he looked up, showing him the owl sculpture. "Maybe my explosions aren't "true" art, after all the sharingan...is the only thing i've been able to accept. It's it's eternal, like you said hm."

Sasori sat in shock, definitely not expecting THAT. He put his gaze to his lap, nodding.

"...I don't know where this is suddenly coming from, but fine. I can-- kind of see what you mean. Preserving art has always been important, at least to me, so if exploding it is meaningful to you, then.. I can respect that. Maybe "true" isn't the right word to describe it..." he muttered. Deidara smiled.

"Hm! Well i guess we can agree on something. Maybe not to the fullest but, art is art. Sorry i kinda went off on you sasori, my man. Your puppets are pretty cool." he said brightly, his mood taking a 180°

Sasori nodded, a small smile of his own hidden below his ducked head. "Thank you. I'm also sorry, especially for using the sharingan to evoke anger from you. I guess, in a way, there is something artistic about an explosion. If our opinions about it weren't so conflicting, I'm sure it would have been easier for us to bond over." he chuckled.

Deidara nodded triumphantly, tilting his head back to let out a hearty laugh. "If you weren't such a pain in the ass, maybe we could really bond over it. I forgive you, i'm glad you realize you were wrong hm."

Sasori's head shot up and he raised an eyebrow.

"Take that back. If anything, you're the one who's wrong for using such a cheap trick on me! Apologize for calling me wrong. Just because I called your explosions artistic doesn't mean I'm wrong!" he stood up, now frustrated Deidara completely twisted his words.

"Hmm, no sasori my man i don't think i will! You admitted it, and even complimented me. Oh i knew this day would come!" he laughed again, though backed away slowly as he saw Sasori grab something on the desk. His eyes widened as he turned heel and ran.

"I'll kill you. Deidara, I'll kill you! Your dead body turned into a puppet will be the magnum opus of my collection, just you wait!" he screeched, now chasing the blonde.

END

Word count: 1205

Again, thank you SO much to my discord server for giving me the idea to write this. This story may not be too long but i hope you enjoy it!