Chapter 1: Crescent

af-fe-tu-o-so

adverb 

with feeling; in a loving, tender way.

“Appa! Appa!” Seonghwa looked away from his own reflection from where he sat,getting ready for the wedding—his wedding, and turned to find Yeosang who had bursted through the door.

The boy was literally bouncing on his feet as he crossed the way to him.

“Look. Look at this flower, Channie gave me. It’s a white rose. I have never seen a white rose. It’s so pretty.” Yeosang exclaimed.

Seonghwa gave him a warm smile, eyes moving from his baby to the flower and finally to Chanyeol, his elder brother who came through the door, scratching the back of his neck, a sheepish smile on his face.

“It really is very pretty.”

“It’s for you.” Yeosang said, still bouncing around as he handed him the flower.

“It is? Thank you baby. It’s really pretty.”

“But not prettier than you. Right Sangie?” Chanyeol said as he lifted yeosang in his arms, a genuine smile on his face.

“Yes, Appa, you are the prettiest.” Yeosang said, but soon burst into giggles as Seonghwa tickled him and soon moved to the other side to play with the decorations.

“flattery will get you nowhere hyung. What are you doing here this early anyways? Don’t tell me you postponed the script reading for your film?” he frowned. 

“Aish this kid. Here I thought you wouldn’t remind me. Did you really think I won’t be here for you on your special day?”

“But hyung it’s more important. You know I don’t want to be a bother.”

“And you are not.”

“but the script reading....”

“ Hwa, I really wouldn’t be anywhere else right now." Chanyeol said with sincerity and looked into Seonghwa's eyes. 

Seonghwa felt what his elder brother wanted to convey and gave him a little smile.

"Besides I need to take pictures. You better look your best.” Chanyeol said proudly making Seonghwa shake his head with a smile.

“uh I am sure we have photographers?”, Seonghwa raised an eyebrow.

“But these are for my personal collection!” Chanyeol pouted, and Seonghwa couldn’t help but let out a chuckle.

“Sure hyung. Anyway where is Baekhyun hyung? Why is he not with you? Only he can keep you in check.”

“Baekhyun is outside making sure everything is perfect, you know how he is.” Chanyeol said looking at his watch.

"Now let's go. It's time, if we get late Baek will bury me alive." Chanyeol chuckled.

Hearing Chanyeol, Seonghwa turns around, meeting his own reflection again. He looked at Yeosang who was playing with balloons. The little bud was looking so happy and in that moment he just wished he could protect his smiles forever. He knew Chanyeol was looking at him all this while.

After all his brother’s glance is pretty heavy. He knew he would be here after all they have been through. He has never left him alone in his whole life. Always a little too overprotective after what had happened. He was there for him through every ups and downs. And truly he couldn’t be more grateful.

He looked at the white rose in his hands and fidgeted with its leaves and then placed it in a nearby stand. A white rose. A sign of moving on. Will he ever be able to move on?