Chapter 9

Everything was starting to go into play. I walked into the work out room and went to where I hid my gun in one one of my fighting stuff. I grabbed it and out it in the rim of my jeans and covered it up. When I got to the abandoned shed he was standing right there. With a smile on his face and a knife in his hand. I took out my gun and held it up just as my dad taught me. I wasn't going down without a fight.

I shot at him but missed each time. I tried to shoot him again but apparently I only had one bullet. I was left with my hands. I fought and fought. Blocking where he tried to stab me with the knife. Soon I tripped him and knocked him out. I turned around to see Owen and Haden watching.

"What are you doing here?" I asked semi yelling at Owen.

"Well I don't know my twin sister called my saying sorry. I knew exactly what was going to happen from there. I called Haden and told him to watch you. Are you trying to get yourself killed!"

"If I didn't come he was going to kill you. Both of you! We got to go he's waking up. Here the tunnels. They lead to outside." I said and we all ran.

I told Haden to take a different tunnel though. That one was faster and safer. I tried to tell Owen as well but he wouldn't move. We started to run but there was a gun shot. I looked back and saw Owen holding his stomach. No. I ran over to him and tried to help him but his weight was to much. We both fell to the ground. He should've taken the other tunnel. The one which lead to the ground faster while this one you have to jump down into water.

"Ok big brother. You have to get up ok. You have to stand. I can't carry you."

"Ai gonplei ste odon." He said. Something that meant 'my fight is over' from the gang. I started to freak out. I shook my head crying.

"No! No it's not. Your not aloud to die. Not yet!" I said but then there was another gun shot. He was close. I looked at my brother and heard him take his last breath. I clenched onto him and cried. I soon got up and ran to the end of the tunnel. I saw Haden on the ground he looked relieved but confused when Owen didn't show.

"Cameron! Your going to die just face it. I killed your brother, the whole gang, now it's your turn." I started to back up but got an adrenaline rush when I felt the edge. He aimed his gun at me and I kicked it out of his hands. We started to fight again when I was so close to falling. Finally I got it to where he was away from me. He got his gun but before he could shoot me, I was already leaning back off of the edge falling into the water underneath me.

I hit the water and started to swim. Only to feel pain go through my arm. I was shot in my arm. Not bad but I needed to get it out. I got out and got to Haden. We started to run and I was sobbing the whole way. I just lost my twin brother.

Once we got back home I instantly walked up to Haden's room and started to freak out. I was crying and sobbing. He came in but I walked out and went to the work out room. I saw his dad in there so I walked across the street to my old house and sat in the rubble and ash. I cried.

I guess Haden took it as I wanted to be alone right now.

Over the few weeks I wouldn't say anything to anyone. Not even Haden. I would get panic attacks in class having to walk out. I even talked to Mr. and Mrs. Fields that I wanted to be back at the adoption center and I wasn't a good choice for them to have custody over me because I didn't want them to get hurt. He was still out there and he was going to still try and kill each and everyone I cared about.

I started cutting again. Cutting over old scar tissue. It hurt like hell but it's what I needed. It was my fault. I shouldn't have called him. I should've made him go the other way. There were still posters up all over the place fir my brother. People still gave me sad sympathetic looks. I was over it. Over it all.

Later that day I went to the adoption center got out a whole bunch of pills. I popped all 13 in my mouth. And knew it was going to be over with sooner or later. I slowly felt myself pass out.

I woke up in the hospital. Haden was there in the chair. At first I didn't want to say anything. Ive been avoiding him. Hurting myself, not letting him help me. But I didn't want to put all of this on him. It was too much. 

A/N: sorry that this one and the next one are short. And I'm also sorry that the book is short. Hopefully you liked it. There will be a sequel to this and hopefully it will be longer. This is my first book. Hopefully you like the next chapter. You might also hate me for it. But again this will be a sequel and it will bring everything back together.