CHAPTER - 4

Hadrian could feel himself been carried away and placed in a basket, he knew he was at the door of Dursley's just before he was left, he could hear Dumbledore and McGonall talking after they left he felt another presence it was Thanos as decided he took him to Potter Castle where he was given to the house elves.

The house elves of the castle were more than happy to have Hadrian back in the castle, after James and Lily left the castle the house elves have no one to serve due to which they were distressed but with young master back, they were back to there normal form. The castle had nearly 156 elves during the first 2 years Hadrian lived a quiet normal life, that is practicing his magic and learning family history from his ancestors. He came to know there were some great spell crafters, enchanters, potion masters, and weapon weilders, and other business in the family but they mostly made money by investing in various businesses( in Diagon and even in Knockturn Alley).

There were also various magical animals in the stables of the castles. Potters reared finest quality of hippogriffs and theastrals which they sold at really high prizes, then there were magical dogs and cats along with some rare birds which formed a huge income for him. On his fourth birthday he decided it's time he connected with his God Brother so he sat down in his study using his metamorphous ability he began writing a letter.

Dear Dowger Longbottom,

It has recently come into my knowledge that your daughter-in-law Alice Longbottom was my Godmother and your Grandson Neville Longbottom is my God Brother as my mother was his Godmother too(Lily Potter). He and you are the only few people I have in name of family. I tried contacting my Godmother before but I came to know about her unfortunate condition. House of Longbottom and House of Potter have always been family before allies so therefore, I request your permission to meet Heir Longbottom to keep that familial ties and bloom our own brotherhood. I also request your presence for dinner on comming Friday with Heir Longbottom so we can meet and get to know each other.

Yours truely
Hadrian James Potter
Heir to The Most Ancient and Most Noble House of Potter

He then folded the letter and asked his personal elf to deliver the letter. After Tobby left Hadrian left to explore the forest surrounding the castle he knew many magical creatures lived here but didn't knew what they were, just as he entered the depth of Forrest he felt a very strong natural pull towards east it was like calling him, when he reached to the edge of a clearing he saw a very beautiful lion cub but the cub was completely white almost silvery in colour but he had a brownish patch on his chest his eyes were brown which looked like golden liquid after staring at it for some more time Hadrian understood it's not a lion but rather a Gryffin. He knew from his talks that a few Gryffins were given in his family by Godric himself.

He moved towards the cub as slowly as possible and just as he touched him he felt a strong wave of magic wash over him and they both glowed and Hadrian understood he was his familiar as soon as he accepted the bond he heard a gentle voice of the cub,"Hello who are you?".
"Hello I am Hadrian it seems you are my familiar, do you know what it means?"asked Hadrian
"No I don't", replied the cub
"Well every wizard needs a familiar who they first feel the pull with bond with them for lives, I share my magic as well as thoughts, I will protect you and take care of you and vice versa you will be a part of my family. Powerful wizards have more than 1-2 familiars. Would you like to bond with me?".asked Hadrian
" Yes I would like that",replied the cub happily.
"Do you have a name ? And where is your mother?"asked Hadrian curiously.
"No I don't have a name, why don't you name me, my mother died few months after giving birth to me" he replied sadly
Hadrian knew life without a mother so he just sat there and consoled the cub, after much thought he named him Reg which was short for Regulus and meant Leo in Astronomy. Suffice to say the cub was really happy with it and soon a tattoo in form of a flying Gryffin took place above his heart.

Hadrian brought him in the castle and taught him almost as much he can fed him and in few days only he and Reg developed a quite nice bond. He took Reg with him to some jogging and stretching, he watched Reg learn to fly slowly all was going good, but he was still waiting for the reply from Augusta Longbottom.

Augusta Longbottom was not to be messed witch, she had rather eccentric dresssing sense, she was one of the witches in wizangmot who instilled fear in people even in such old age she kept her head held high, but lately due to the incapacitation of her son and daughter-in-law she was lost. She didn't get time to grieve as she had a grandson to take care of she knew she was extra harsh on him but he was the last descended from the direct line of Longbottom's she couldn't raise him like a slouch. He had duties to fulfill and she has to prepare him for that.

Her surprise was when one Saturday morning there was a letter with the newspaper but it didn't surprise her much what surprised her the most was the seal, she thought she wouldn't be seeing anytime soon. It was a known fact to her that Hadrian should raised here at Longbottom Hall but she also knew Dumbledore has messed with it, she has argued and demanded the boy's whereabouts thousand times but Dumbledore brushed it off saying he was fine. Now she had a chance to meet him and know about him the boy was her responsibility and she would not run from it. He even called them his family so on Thursday afternoon she send her reply to meet him at the Potter Castle along with Neville, she had not been there in a very long time and she hoped the boy was well and fine. With this thought she got Neville ready the other day and flooed to Potter Castle.