I'm Covering My Ears Like A Kid...

(TW FOR PANIC ATTACK/OVERSTIMULATION)

"I was wondering if we could also add a bit of blood, I feel like that would be dope!"

Jade and Katie strolled through the hallway, as Katie fidgeted with her sweater strings, trying hard not to make a big deal, as she called it, out of her sensory issues. She always had problems with her senses ever since she was small, and always had outbursts cause of it. "Oh, that would be awesome! Yeah, we can order some fake blood later if you want!" Jade responded. "Alright, sounds go-" She was cut off by loud screaming from someone who was joking around with their friend. Immediately after hearing it, she couldn't hold it in anymore as she put her hands over her ears and collapsed to the ground on her knees, hoping for the loud noises to stop.

"Katie!"

Tears flowed out.

"Hey, it's ok!"

Her body shook.

"Can you hear me?"

Her eyes dialated.

So many feelings.

All at once. 

Make it stop.

Make it stop.

MAKE IT STOP!

She stare blankly at the ground, tears flowing out of her eyes like a waterfall and her body shaking. "Hey, can someone get me some water please?" Jade shouted to the crowd as someone quickly got her a cup of water. "Ok, since I cannot touch you, I'm gonna need you to try and lift your head up. Can you do that?" Jade whispered calmly to her, trying not to make things worse. "Remember, nothing or no one is going to hurt you." Jade reminded her as Katie slowly tried to put her chin up, or at least as much as she could. "You're doing great! Now I'm gonna need for you to take off your hands from your ears so you can get the cup." Jade instructed. She shakily took her hands off and took the cup of water from Jade, taking a few small sips.

After she was done with the water, she handed the cup to Jade and shakily got up to her knees. By this time, the crowd started to unfold, going back to the way it was before. "Do you wanna go to your dorm room?" Jade asked. Katie responded with a 'mhm' as they made their way to Katie's dorm room. 

They finally made it and sat on the bed. Katie had finally came back to her senses on the way there, and was finally able to manage. "I'm sorry for embarrasing you like that, I-I tried to hold them in but it was too much." Katie apologized as she looked down in guilt. "Hey, you do not need to apologize. It's totally normal for you to feel that way!" Jade answered. "Also it's not healthy to hold feelings in like that, it's better to let them out, even if there are lots of people." Jade continued, wrapping her arms around Katie. "Thanks, Jade." Katie said as she returned the hug from Jade. "So, how about that movie idea? We can also add a fight scene to tie it up all together!" Jade told her. "Oh yeah that sound great! But first, I think we should take a break." Katie responded as she lay on the bed, bringing Jade down with her.