Chapter Eight

JPOV

"Your sister is going to change him, Major; you just have to bide your time, Little bit will have to go through a tough time of it, but she will be alright." Peter had told me years ago before the Cullen's even met Bella. I never knew what he meant.

I always thought it was Rose; Peter was talking about; Peter would laugh when I asked if it was.

Twenty years of him telling me that right before he would leave, enough to drive a man crazy, that on top of him and Char was telling me that the Pixie wasn't my Mate, some days I would ask myself why I had turned those two.

Then the lithe little darlin came into my life and turned everything upside down.

When Bella disappeared, Peter had walked right up to Caius in the middle of his screaming rant, that she hadn't left him, that it wasn't what he thought, but it was something that she needed to go. But I felt it when Caius got told that Peter was the one that was also hurting; he knew more than what he was letting on. Pete and Char left after that, I haven't seen or heard from them in ten years, and then this morning, I get a call out of the blue, telling me now that I needed to be prepared, that things were about to hit the shitter. I watched not even five minutes later as Caius nearly ran out of the Castle, bag in hand with the biggest smile he was trying not to show. He found her. Or at least Demetri and Felix thought they had seen her.

I had become quite good friends with Demetri and Felix, just as Emmett had. Felix had told me a few days ago that he and Demetri were getting sent to London. A rumour that the Kings lost Mate had gotten spotted, so Caius was sending them there with the instructions of buying a property close; just over a day later, Caius wars running of the Castle.

Three days later, Felix and Demetri come back with some shady looking Vamp who had Alec trailing behind them.

I got a message not long after from Felix, just telling me that they were back.

Hours after they returned, I felt an emotional signature I had not felt in ten years.

The next day I was called to the throne room with Jane; the Shady Vamp was getting tried.

He was getting tried over abuse and dismemberment of a Queen. I looked at Jane; she was wondering the same as I was.

"Sulpicia or Didyme?" Jane whispered to me. Caius had arrived back and was looking as murderous as ever.

The idiot had the nerve to spit venom on Aro's shoes. Sulpicia had just brought him.

I looked at Jane; she was looking at Marcus in shock, if Sulpicia had just brought shoes that only left one Queen that was here, Didyme. Marcus looked far too calm, felt too quiet for it to be his Mate. Aro had walked up to the idiot and read him. Aro was furious, ordering his immediate death.

Demetri had left after the idiot had been rendered to ash, coming back with a broom.

"Master's, I have received instruction to summon the three of you to Master Aro's office as soon as you have finished your duties. Your wives wish to see you." Demetri said, smiling.

Jane and I were about to leave after we were all dismissed when Alec's emotions alerted me. I had felt those emotions before. But from Edward when he first met Bella. The human was currently in the Castle as his thirst was increasing.

"Master Aro, before you leave. I feel I need to inform you." I said as I held out my hand.

"Thank you, Major. I will look into it." Aro said before leaving, being followed by Caius and Marcus.

The Elite Guard received summons once again a few hours later. We were introduced to Caius' daughter and asked to introduce ourselves and let her know of our gifts.