Dumbdog in a coma

I woke up to see DK looking at me. My head was in his lap and I slowly sat up.

"Hey," he said softly. I couldn't tell if he was scared saying things would break me.

"Mm?" I groaned and looked at him again. He smiled at me and I slowly got off the bed. I looked at what I was wearing and realized it was still my SP7 suit.

"Come on. Let's go to the kitchen," DK said. He took my hand but I froze.

"Dumbdog?" I asked. He sighed and looked at the ground. My stomach dropped, fearing for the worst.

"He's alive. In a coma but alive,"

"He's in a coma?" I asked and felt myself start to panic. DK cupped my face with one of his hands and made me meet his eyes.

"Steve. Look at me. He's gonna be fine. Let go to the kit-" he started to say but I pulled away. I took off towards the medbay. I needed to see Dumbdog.

Kimi was standing there and blocked my way. I couldn't see into the room and I froze so I didn't crash into her.

"Kimi. Let me see him," I said, I knew my eyes were wide and I looked panicked. Hell. I was scared.

"Steve. Calm down. He's gonna be fine," she said in a comforting way. DK caught up to me and placed a hand on my shoulder. I looked at the shorter man.

"Please Kimi. I have to see him," I whispered. My voice cracked and I winced. Kimi glanced back into the medbay and spoke. I couldn't hear what she said but there was obviously a response.

"Just don't freak out," she said to me. I made it to where he was and saw George. He stepped away from the man and let me sat on a chair. DK followed me.

"Oh my god," I whispered.

Apollo's face was pale and his stomach was wrapped where the bullet had hit him. He was breathing by himself but was very weak.

I grabbed his hand gently and rubbed my thumb across it. I felt myself start to cry again.

"Fuck. Apollo," I said. DK rubbed my back gently and I didn't feel any better. One of my best friends was in a coma because I couldn't protect him.

"It's not your fault," came George's British voice from behind me. I glanced back with a glare.

I didn't respond for a while. DK sat with me the entire time. He didn't try and get me to talk, he just made sure I was ok.

"Steve. Go get some food," Kimi said and came over. No! They weren't gonna take me away from my Dumbdog!

I shook my head. I knew I was acting like a child but I didn't care. I wanted Apollo back. I needed him.

"Steve. After you eat we can come back ok?" He asked me. I nodded slowly and stood up. I felt shaken. My whole world had crashed down.

We made it to the kitchen where the rest of my team was. Koji walked over and DK went to go fix food.

"How are you feeling?" He asked me gently. I shook my head.

My stomach felt weird. Something was off. Something big. Someone else was in here. I think.

"Someone is here," I whispered in fear. If it was SP7...

"Damn right I'm here Steve. You can't get rid of me that easily," came the voice I recognized. I turned and saw a blond boy on crutches.

I ran over and hugged him.

"Scott. You're ok!" I said. He hugged me back to the best of his ability and smiled.

"I'm fine. I've got a proper cast on so my leg should heal,"

"When did you get here?" DK asked as he walked over. Something else was off.

"I got here this morning. Wilbur picked me up from Mira," he explained. I had forgot that Scott had worked with more crews than I had.

It wasn't that someone was here. No. It was that someone wasn't here.

"Where's Hafu?" I asked. They all glanced at me. Then to DK.

"You didn't tell him?" 5up asked and kinda stumbled over. DK moved to help him and I looked confused.

"I didn't really have a chance. Um, Steve," he said to me. I looked at him. What was he about to say?

"Where's Hafu?" I asked again. The silence made me know. There was no hope for it. "Don't say it,"

"Hafu disappeared last night. I woke up this morning and she was gone. Nobody's seen her," 5up finally said.

"No," I whispered. I felt my eyes glaze over and I broke down onto the floor. I was crying in front of my team. "No please. They have her," I whispered. Sugar Pine 7 had Hafu.

"Steven!" Hafu called out. I looked around with a slightly scared look.

"Did you just use my full name? Am I in trouble?" I asked slightly panicked. Hafu giggled and I felt myself relax.

"Nope. Come on," she said and grabbed my wrist. She dragged me down to the cafeteria from my room.

Dumbdog stood there after being gone for a month on a mission. I ran over and hugged him tightly.

"I missed you," he whispered. I smiled and nuzzled his neck gently.

"Of course you did," I responded

Sometimes memory's could be happy and sometimes they were sad. Sometimes I preferred not having them at all.

"Steve. I'm so sorry. You were so focused on Dumbdog that I didn't know how to break it to you," DK said. I didn't blame him. I was a fucking wreck and a failure. 5up managed to kneel down and touch my cheek.

"Steve. We will find her," he said, trying to make me feel better. It didn't work. Dumbdog was in a coma with assumably no memories of me, and Hafu was gone.

"I never should have left Sugar Pine 7," I whispered. At that moment, I knew what needed to be done.

And nobody was gonna like it

A/N-oh. This should be way more interesting than the original plan. Yeah, prepare for tears please