Chapter 1: Drama Club

Faye: Being in this world has become a burden to others. I don't know how it has come to this. My life has become a joke. A joke that could not even make me laugh. Instead, it makes me cry every time. My father, mother, and brother... the people I love the most have gone away. What's left for me is my memories.

Female Teacher: *Clapping hands* Spectacular performance! So far, this is the audition that gave me goosebumps

Other Students: She totally nailed it! Has she been in an acting academy? She's really good, I think she has acted professionally.

Female Teacher: Was it based on your experience? Hmmm... the script, did you write it yourself?

Faye: Yes, Ma'am. I made it myself for this audition. But, nothing in the script was based on my own experience.

Female Teacher: Hmmm... Interesting. Do you have any acting experience?

Faye: No, Ma'am. This is my first acting audition. I learned to act myself alone in my bedroom. I usually watch movies and dramas before I go to sleep.

Male Teacher: You're self-taught. I can see a lot of potential in you. Are you ready to join the Drama Club?

Faye: I'll be pleased to join.

Male Teacher: Then, congratulations! You are now officially part of the Drama club.

Other Students: Woah! She's amazing!

Female Student 1: I think she's even better than Suzy, our senior.

Female Student: Yes, that's what I also thought. She's natural when it comes to emotions.

Male Student 1: Did you see that freshman who just passed her audition?

Male Student 2: Yeah, she's pretty good! Probably, she would get major roles for our future plays.

Dianne (Faye's Mother): Why did you go home late today? We were waiting for you. The food's cold already. Is it about acting again?

Faye: Mom, I passed the audition. I am now part of the Drama club.

Dianne: That is useless. I told you not to join that kind of club. Why not use your skill in Math and join the Math Club?

Faye: This is what I love to do. I have practiced hard to get to where I want to be.

Dianne: Even if you practice hard, it's not even worth your time. Businesses, nowadays, choose people with a good reputation and strong connections. It's not about talent anymore.

Oscar (Faye's Father): We just have to support her. It's her own preference. As long as she does good in her studies, that's not a big matter, Dianne.

Dianne (Faye's mother): You always side with your daughter, not thinking about what will happen in her future. I'm done eating. Enjoy the rest of the meal.

-- Dianne walks away from the dining table after finishing her meal, leaving Faye and her father--

.