First Meeting

There was a commotion at the manor that day. 'A new survivor is arriving.' Victor thought to himself as he read the lips of one of the hunters that were conversating in a corner of the dining room. His eyes moved from the hunters to the survivors who were on the other side of the room, talking about the same thing. He couldn't quite get their name just yet.

"I think their name is Edgar??" Norton said to the group his arms folded as he talked. The group seemed intrigued with the name. "Yes, you are correct Campbell." Eli responded to Nortons statement. Victor kept some distance the group,but close enough to read everyone's lips.'Edgar? I see. I must write them a letter.' Victor turned on his heels and headed toward his rooms, his hands behind him as he walked with Wick right beside him as always.

The postman opened the door, letting Wick inside the room before walking in himself  and closing the door behind him. He sat down in the wooden chair that matched with his wooden desk. He grabbed the paper and his pen he always wrote letters with. The words appeared on the paper in front of him as he glided his pen across it. After he was finished, Victor folded the letter into three even pieces before placing it into an envelope before writing Edgar's name on the front.

After his letter had been written for the new survivors arrival, he got up making sure to push in his chair. Victor placed the letter into his bag and made his way out of his room. The postman walked down the long hallway passing by all of the survivor rooms as he made his way to the front of the manor. 'They are here!' Victor seemed excited to see them, clutching his bag as stood straight.

The letter the painter had received from the manor to come here was clutched in between his hands as he entered the manor while being bombarded by everyone there already. His eye twitched in annoyance especially at Lucas' greeting. "Heya there new person! Edgar was it? I don't really like that name so what if called you Eddie instead."

'How do people already know my name? This place spreads rumors like fucking wildfire.' He ignored Luca completely and continued his way, walking past everyone and immediately toward his room with the help of Boy? Still a strange name to him but nonetheless he was glad to be away from everyone. That was enough social interaction for the day.

The painter heard a small knock on his door, when he asked who was there and no one had responded to him he looked puzzled a bit. Edgar got up and creaked the door open, hoping not to see Luca. Valden wasn't greeted with Luca, but with a tall blonde. "Can I help you?" The short painter asked crossing his arms over his chest.

The postman gave the painter a small smile followed by him tipping his hat a bit. Victor opened his bag and handed Edgar the letter. Valden took the letter into his hands before Victor turned on his heel and left with Wick following behind him. Edgar was a bit confused by the interaction but nonetheless he closed the door behind him when Victor left. He stared at the letter a bit before opening up, pulling it out of the envelope, and unfolding it to read it.

It read:

'Dear Edgar,

Welcome to the manor! Many people here have quite the stories to tell and many personalities are to be witnessed here. Everyone is so excited to have another person here and it can get very overwhelming with so many people. If you ever need anything from your local postman don't be hesitant to ask, I would be happy to assist you. Please take all the time that you need to get adjusted here and I'm sure you will get along with at least one person here.

-Victor Grantz,'

Edgar finished reading the letter and folded it back up the way that it was before. He sat and thought for a minute, the letters words flooded his mind taking into consideration everything Victor had wrote. Maybe, just maybe, this place wasn't as bad as he thought it would be.