When At Camp, Expect The Unexpected

(In Tatsuya's POV)

The next day, the team regrouped back at the soccer field to show off the results of their training.

Nagumo & Suzuno all but begged Hitomiko to go first. The boys stepped onto the field with the ball between them. They kicked the ball up high and jumped, an aura of fire and ice surrounding their feet respectively. "Fire Blizzard", they yelled before kicking the ball into the goal. Tatsuya had to admit; that was a pretty good move. Even Hiroto looked surprised. The duo gleamed before stepping off the field.

As if on queue, Tatsuya had a sudden flash of memory of Fire Blizzard being used by the duo, against Raimon when they were pretending to be aliens. He couldn't help but wonder... Did others remember too? Did they have dreams too?

He went up to Suzuno and asked, "How did you guys learn that move?" Suzuno replied, "It was an accident actually... we were both trying to shoot the ball up the waterfall... and it just happened... like we knew what to do... I guess we are more in sync than we realized."

Tatsuya just nodded. Could Suzuno be lying to him? But why would Suzuno lie? No. His friend wouldn't lie about something like this.

Tatsuya was over the moon when everyone was done showcasing their new found talents. Apparently a lot more members had learned new Hissatsu Techniques in the past two days than what Tatsuya had expected. Both their offense and defense were now greatly improved. Clara learned Frozen Steal, Netsuha and Honba learned Ignite Steal. That explained the smoking Netsuha and Honba he had seen returning from practice two days ago. Midorikawa learned Lightning Accel and Segata learned Ganymade Proton. Things were starting to look more happening around the team.

However, more than the new techniques they had learned (quite surprisingly at the same time), what shocked Tatsuya more was the flash of memories he got each time he saw a new move. Each of the memory was of the same person using the same move but in some other context, mostly pretending to be aliens. The only exception was Midorikawa's Lightning Accel.

Tatsuya took turns talking to each of them, trying to find out if their move was inspired by memories. But all of them answered similar to Suzuno. It had just happened...

And then he remembered the first time he had managed Tenkuu Otoshi. It had just happened too... like muscle memory...

They were now practicing as a team. With all the additional new moves, it got rather interesting. For once, Hiroto was equally out of breath as the others. Practice was getting much more fast paced. Everyone was now able to move as fast as Hiroto and was becoming equally skilled in accepting and kicking shoot like passes.

He noticed the improvements in their play. They weren't the same dejected team that had come to camp. They were doing much better than what he had expected and were going to return a very confident team. Of that, Tatsuya was sure.

---

Practice was finally over and Tatsuya was back at his favorite spot overlooking the lake when he heard a voice behind him say,

"I have been watching you for a while now..."

That voice... It sounded oddly familiar to him.

The shock on his face was crystal clear when he turned around to face the speaker... facing him was... a mirror image of himself.

Tatsuya rubbed his eyes thinking that maybe his eyes were playing tricks on him. But the other remained there smirking.

Tatsuya had heard of black magic in stories. But he had never believed in it. However, at that moment he would believe anything. This camp was weird; what with meeting people who claimed to be Kappa and now seeing a duplicate of himself. Tatsuya felt the sky was the limit to what could be possible.

"Who are you? And why do you look like me?" Tatsuya asked "Are you a ghost? Or perhaps, is this some kind of black magic?"

The other just smiled in response; enjoying the confusion.

There was no hostility in him. Tatsuya noted. Maybe a bit of curiosity and a lot of excitement.

"May I sit?" his tone was polite. Tatsuya nodded.

"I am you", the person replied. "In my world, I am called Hiroto..."