Prolouge

I am a girl, strong and fearless. Nothing can scare me, or at least so I thought.

Prologue:
"You won't be able to do a 360! Girls can't even jump off the big jump without worrying that their nails will brake. Let me show you how it's done," the stranger pushed past her, and then made a perfect 360.

His face was full of triumph, and her anger boiled over.

Not giving it a second thought, the planned 360 was changed to a 720. When she span in the air, it was as if most of the anger swirled away from her and up into the sky. Her friends cheered her on, and as she landed, the boy's face changed from triumph to awestruck.

"That, my dear friend, is how a girl does it. Questions?" She skied past him, and joined her friends, who congratulated her.

They skied down the rest of the slope, and she decided not to give the boy another thought.
When they reached the lift, they separated into pairs, but because they were an odd number, she was left alone. She looked at the long lift and sighed in relief. Finally some good time alone. But her happiness didn't last for long. Just as she was about to get on the lift, she heard him.

"Hey, hey! You! 720 girl!"

She turned around and found the boy from the fun park catching up to her. When she desperately tried to get away, she found that the gates had closed, and when they reopened, he was standing next to her. Reluctantly she boarded the lift together with him.

"I'm Mark," he began, trying to start a conversation.

"Clara," She answered to her surprise, although she wouldn't meet his eyes.

"Hey, I'm sorry for what I said about girls. Your 720 rocked!"

"Thank you. I hope you learned your lesson."

There was a moment of silence before he replied, but when he did, he completely changed the subject.

"Do you come here often?"

"It's my first time here,"

"Ok, I've been coming here for as long as I can remember. Weekend trips, spring breaks, and winter breaks, you name it. How long have you been here?"

"Since Sunday,"

"Then you've been lucky. It's only been sun all week."

"Isn't it always like this?" She joked.

The laughter that she was expecting never came, and instead he became serious.

"Never joke about the weather, especially around here. You have no idea what it can accomplish."

On that happy note they got off the lift, and she rejoined her friends, never expecting to see Mark again. His warning was soon forgotten, and she had a wonderful week with her friends.

A/N This is my first story on Wattpad, so I hope you like it. I first wrote this in 1 person PVO, so if I forgot any I or me, please tell me. I also wanted to acknowledge that today is International Women's Day, for anyone who didn't know:) Please comment and vote for this chapter if you liked it, thank you!:)