Episode Three

You lazily opened your eyes at the sound of knocking on the wooden door of your room. The sun had yet to rise and illuminate the world in its warm glow. Who could be knocking at your door at such an ungodly hour?

Whoever it might be, you shouldn't be keeping them waiting. With that mindset, you dragged your body to stand up. Once you were out of the bed, you immediately started missing the warmth of your snug blanket. Now that the candles were out, the room was even colder at night.

Groggily, you walked towards the door and unlocked it before pulling it open.

"Good morning, my lady."

You certainly were not expecting to be greeted with such cheerfulness and brightness from a certain pinkett boy at such an hour. Rubbing your sleepy eyes, you looked properly at the boy standing in front of you. Before you could ask him any questions, he started speaking.

"I know it's still really early, my lady, and I kind of feel bad for disturbing your sleep....," Nagi trailed off.

It could have been something important so you shook off your sleep. "....Is something the matter?"

"Actually, there's something I want to show you."

"At this hour?" Your eyes sized up when something clicked inside you. Were you going to be killed now? But then why would he knock to get your attention?

As this thought went around your mind, the salmon pink haired boy shook his head. "I'm not trying to hurt you."

Did he just read your mind? It had been happening quite lately that people could peek inside your mind through your facial expressions.

"Where I want to take you is..." He scratched his cheek with a finger. "Geez, it would be easier for you to understand by going there!"

"E-Eh?" A soft squeak left your soft lips when your wrist was grabbed and you were pulled out of the room.

.  . .  . . .  .

"The clock tower?" You cocked your head to the side. Nagi, still holding your wrist, stopped you two in front of an open space from where you could see the outside.

"Um...." You were thoroughly confused. The garden was just behind the clock tower so why would the male bring you here? You had been strictly warned not to enter the garden at night. Technically speaking, it was still night since the sun had not risen yet. And, you feared the thought of another punishment for trying to trespass into the garden.

"What's wrong?" Nagi found you staring at him.

"Mika-kun, wh-" Realizing your mistake, you frantically corrected yourself. "A-Ah, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't be calling you by that name. I-"

"It's okay. You're so used to calling me that, after all." He smiled slightly.

"Umm, Nagi-kun...why are we here?" You asked.

"You'll see very soon." With that, Nagi pulled you closer to him and the open space.

The chilly night wind entered the tower and you felt yourself shiver a tiny bit. All of a sudden, you felt something cover you in warmth. Looking clearly, you found a yellow cardigan draped around you.

"I-I don't want you to catch a cold just because I called you up here, okay?" He looked away.

"B-But, Nagi-kun, what about you? You will catch a cold!"

With a relatively forlorn look, Nagi muttered, "it's alright. I'm never going to catch colds either way."

"Huh?"