I Always Love A Good Book

I opened your cover a little over a week ago, not knowing what I was getting myself into. Not knowing how hard this would be. But here we are.

   It was an amazing journey, getting to where we are today. An adventure, really. Well, more like an entire series of adventures. It was slow at first, but every day we grew closer. I could feel your emotions, taste your tears, almost see your face. Has it really only been a week? It seems like so much longer than that.... Anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself. I should start at the beginning, right?

    So, i had come into the attic for something last Tuesday. I don't remember what. Oh well, that's not important. What's important is that I did come, and I found you there, on the desk. You were well-worn and dusty, and I knew from that moment you were special.

   Back in my room, I ran my fingers over your cover, gently brushing away the dust. You were so beautiful, your dark, leathery cover and perfect red stitching. I opened you up, and I could've sworn I heard you sigh. As I began reading, you took me away. I opened my eyes to find a meadow, lush and green. And there you were. You didn't say anything at first, then slowly you smiled. You reached out your hand, and I took it. I trusted you, although I didn't quite know who you were. I knew I was safe with you, and that was enough. 

   You led me through dark forests, filled with beautifully dangerous creatures, and fought to keep me safe from harm. You rescued me when I was kidnapped by thieves. You nursed my wounds when I was injured in The War. And you were there when I needed you. Which, I'll admit, was often. Okay, I always needed you, I just didn't know it at the time. We were an amazing team, you and I. 

   As the days went by, I fell in love with you. I fell in love with your bravery, your wit, and the way you were always there to talk to. You were my hero. And I, well, I suppose I was your damsel in distress. You kept me sane, you know that? You kept me alive in the darkest of times.

   But now we've reached the end of the story, and the back cover is only a few pages away. before I go, I need to tell you something. Our adventures, they were real. Without ever setting foot outside of my bedroom, even without stepping off of my bed, I have travelled through time and space. And I couldn't have done it without you. I love you. I will always love you. And I'll be back soon, I promise.