Unexpected Arrival

After the shock had wore off everyone had moved to the living room, the others were crowding the young farm boy with varied expressions of interest, adoration and skepticism. Y/n on the other hand couldn't tear his gaze away from his father who was stuffing his face with the mini sandwiches that Sharon had laid out without a care in the world.

Nora: Did he age backwards?

Jaune: He's possessed!

Ren: Or reincarnated!

Ruby: Oh! Isn't it weird?

Oscar: It is very weird, yes.

Qrow: Okay, okay. (he emerges from the kitchen holding a cup in his hand) Let's all just take a second and remember that this is very overwhelming for everyone.

Team RNJR all step back together and nervously chuckle.

Oscar: (to Qrow) Thanks.

You: So dad, planning on explaining things anytime soon or we just going to keep sitting around twiddling our thumbs?

Cyrus: All in due time, we have a more interesting character to focus on for the time being.

Y/n turns his attention to the farm boy Oscar, as Qrow takes a seat on the couch next to him. Ruby and Nora have taken a seat on the couch perpendicular to Qrow's, while Jaune and Ren remain standing. Oscar then shares a brief look with Ruby, who giggles, causing Oscar to blush.

Oscar: Ah, sorry! (he briefly looks away) It's just I've never really met Huntsmen and Huntresses before.

Ruby: Well, uh... we've never met a person with two souls! So, first times all around.

Jaune: (looks to Cyrus) So you're Y/n's dad, it's a pleasure to meet you I'm-

Cyrus: (cutting off Jaune) Jaune Arc. (Looks to the others) Along with Ruby Rose, Lie Ren, and Nora Valkyrie. I know a good amount about each of you as it stands, I have to say each of you were impressive during the Vytal tournament.

Ruby: (giddy) Oh stop, we're not that great. Besides we still have a long way to go to catch up to real huntsmen like you and Qrow.

Cyrus: You shouldn't sell yourselves short, sure you're still rough around the edges but there's still plenty of room to grow.

Nora: With how strong Y/n is, you must be like super strong.

Cyrus: (chuckles) That would be giving me too much credit, he takes more after his mother than I, but I'm happy to see that he has such good friends looking out for him, so I give you my thanks.

Ruby: (waving hands) Oh no if anything, he's the one that's been helping us.

Jaune: Yeah no kidding, I couldn't tell you how many tough spots we got out of thanks to him.

You: (blushing slightly) Hey that's enough of that. (to Cyrus) So where have you been this whole time? I mean you had the time to leave notes and send mystery gifts but not enough to call your own damn son.

Qrow: Easy kid I get how you feel but he has-

Cyrus: It's fine Scare-Qrow, I deserve it but we're not here to talk about my story, at least not for right now.

Y/n rolled his eyes and leaned back into his seat.

Qrow: (sighs) Right... (turns to Oscar) Mind showing us your little parlor truck kid?

Oscar: Uh Yeah, okay. Just so you know, I'll still be here.

The members of Team RNJR and Y/n look at him in confusion. Oscar then lowers his head and closes his eyes. Suddenly, a green and white aura shines from his body for a moment, Oscar opens up his eyes, which are now glowing, and he smiles. When he speaks, they all hear a familiar speaking voice that didn't sound like Oscar's.