Chapter 2

Everyone looked around, but couldn't find Nurf, or the helmet. Space Kid teared up, anxious to find his comfort item. David tried to reassure Space Kid, but failed. Space Kid sniffed, wiping his now runny nose with his yellow cape. He sighed, managed to calm himself down, and looked up at David. "I'm going to find my helmet, and Nurf."  He silently walked out of the Mess Hall, scanning the camp. He decided to check Nurf's tent, as he thought maybe he left to go find something to do. "Nurf, are you here?" He said, pulling back the flaps to the entrance of the tent. He gasped. There stood Nurf, in a clutter of clothing and shoes, with Space Kid's missing helmet in hand. It had a major crack in it, with bits and pieces missing from what was left of the dome shaped glass. "Space Kid, I can explain-" "No. There's nothing to explain." He said, interrupting Nurf. "I-" "Just shut up." Space Kid's face was now red, as he was filled with rage. "How COULD you?!" Space Kid's once sparkly eyes now filled with anger and sadness. Tears streamed down Space's red hot face, as he clenched his fists. "Space Kid please-" Without thinking, Space Kid punched Nurf in the face. Hard. The once big and tough bully lay limp on the ground, unconscious. Space Kid grabbed what was left of his poor helmet and walked out of the tent, still crying. David must've seen him because he ran over to Space Kid. "Space Kid, what happened?-" Without saying a word, Space Kid ran off, sobbing. "Space Kid, wait!" David called, running after him. Space Kid's vision became blurry, as his eyes filled with tears. How could Nurf do such a thing? He couldn't think about it now. He knew David would come try to find him, and so he ran towards the counselors cabin. He found a spot hidden beneath the cabin and crawled inside it. He couldn't help but cry. He hugged his once space helmet, more upset then ever.