peace: closure ☀️

IMPORTANT A/N: To read the full story, go over to kandycemt 's account :) She has the full authority to post Peace from now on 🫶🏻 Treat Candice with kindness and please show her your support, khun babies 🦋

In the words of our Bright and Win in this story:

"I am responsible for my own peace." -Win

"With an echo in my head; 'When your soul is roused by the evasiveness of a light that gleams with peace, catch it with your bare hands.'
I leaped above the ground and escaped my dreamland." -Bright

•••••

The reason I put 'Peace' as the title of this story is because I wanted to capture what I've been through in terms of making peace with myself for things that happened in my life. As the story progressed, I came across some new meanings of Peace along with the development of my characters.

What's your definition of peace? Share it with me if you'd like!

Moving on, I touched a little about body-shaming issue, eating disorder, self-consciousness and the most importantly, how words can either kill you or cure you. I was scared to write about these things as I was afraid of offending people. It's easy for us to hurt others, unintentionally and without us realising it.

However, I'm glad I wrote this story because through this, I got to know many of my amazing readers who have the same struggle as me. Words have always had a big impact in my life. They pushed me down the pool of sorrow once upon a time and they also pulled me back to where I am today.

This is just me sharing, um, well, body insecurity is also something that I've been struggling so hard to get over with. The truth is I never do get over it because that feeling, it comes in waves. There are days when I feel okay and comfortable with how I look and how much I weigh. There are days when I feel like that nothing looks right at all with my body. Then comes people who do not know how to shut their trap or be a little sensitive of your feelings and they drag you down with their 'kind' words, if you know what I mean. Sigh...

I also meant it in the story what Bright and Win said to each other. "I wish you could see yourself from my point of view." I don't know, it's just I think there may be people out there who see you for who you are and regard you as someone worthy. If not, it really doesn't matter. I realised my worth on my own and somehow it led me to peace. Then, wonderful people like you came along and supported me until today. It's not impossible for you to find your worth too along the way. Keep on fighting!

More so than anything else, be patient. Healing, man, it takes time. You might feel like you want to give up along the way, but trust on the process and trust yourself. If you feel vulnerable, so be it. Embrace it. It's you. I lost count of how many times I've made some rants on Wattpad about how messed up I am. Don't be afraid to be vulnerable because there may be other people out there who not only can relate to you, but may also be wishing that they have someone who can understand and not be judgemental over what they are going through.

Finally, I talked about love in this story (*shyly smiling*❤️). Have you ever experienced a love that is so phenomenal that you feel like you want to protect that person you're in love with and put them first, like ahead of everyone else? Yeah, me too. I've never experienced it 😂 Jokes aside, I love love. Love can be so many things. What I want to share is the love that you have for yourself. In my opinion, it transcends everything. Like Win in this story, he loved Bright so much that he buried and hid his insecurities underneath his skin. It ended up killing him inside and out because he just wouldn't say what he felt and endure everything until he burst. Once he realised his worth after some time apart from Bright, he felt better and acceptance came really easily to him. That of course also came from the talk they had by the river. Win came to realise that he could actually love someone and be with someone without having to change who he was and find/make peace for himself on his own.

Anyway, you have rights to disagree with my opinions. After all, people have their own thoughts and ideas, which I personally respect so much. It's fun knowing different cool opinions people have on something. There's only one thing I want to say. Be nice to each other. Please do not spread toxicity around. We've been in this fandom for over a year and we're a family. Let's support each other, support BrightWin and throw love and kindness around like confetti.

With that being said, I'm signing off from this piece. It's been a very beautiful and challenging journey with this one. I find it hard to let it go, but I have to. I hope you enjoyed reading this story as much as I enjoyed writing it and maybe learned something from it.

Take care everyone and stay safe wherever you are. I love you from the bottom of my heart.

Love,

Tay ❤️

05 February 2021 - 02 July 2021

🌻 from 0 to 65.6k reads
🌻 from 0 to 6.44k votes
🌻 from 0 5.66k comments

THANK YOU VERY MUCH 🙏🏻