1

(Art by me)
David walked out his room.It was late at night,about 3am.David was planning to get some water and try to go to bed again.Max was 12 now and he had finally been able to adopt him!David was glad he could keep Max Safe now.
David had max for a year now.Max had been so scared at first but now he's such a good kid!Straight A student with amazing talents!He hears rummaging in Max's room and goes to open the door,only to find it locked.In a panic David uses his arm to bang and force the door open.Fearing the worst,Max could be hurt,injured!When inside he sees Max sneaking in through the window,David takes a moment to process this before he realized the situation.

David furrowed his eyebrows.
"Max..Where in the hell were you?!It's so late at night!"

Max showed a worried look.Knowing he was caught,but maybe he could try to get out of this..
"Ah-David I um..The door was locked and I went on a walk!"
Max got inside fully,setting his bag down.

David glared a bit.
"Max you can't honestly expect me to believe that.Where were you?"

Max didn't know what to say,lie or tell the truth?
"Look David I was safe I just got a bit bored-"

"Max tell me where you were NOW."
David snapped.Stepping close and giving Max a threatening look.

"Okay okay!Relax David I was just hanging out with Neil!"
Max backed up by a step,a bit of a worried look but still glaring.

"Max!That is bad to do at night you could have gotten hurt!"
David got a worried look and grabbed max,checking if he had any wounds.This causes Max to push away.
"David get the hell off me I'm fine!I didn't get hurt I just did some fireworks and got burnt on my hand it isn't that bad!"
David got a scared look checking Max's hand.Pulling it he goes to the kitchen and grabs the first aid,Before starting to wrap Max's hand.Who reluctantly agrees to let him.

Max was lectured on his safety.Of course he ignored what David said until David fully patched him and let Max go to his room.Leaving David to his thoughts.

David needed Max to stay safe.He just didn't know how.He wanted Max to feel safe.To be safe.

Later in the day David takes Max with him while he went to the store.As he walks with the cart Max followed behind.Max kept his hands in his blue hoodie.Trying to think on how to get some sort of sweets.

Max snuck some candy into the cart hoping David wouldn't notice.As David shopped he got a sudden idea.

An idea that would keep Max safe..
He wouldn't have to worry about Max being hurt.

He had to keep the thought to himself to plan it out.Before he noticed the sweets in the cart,allowing Max to get them.

Once home David watched Max head to his room.And he finally could plan out his idea.

Getting rid of Neil and Nikki..Then he would keep Max at home.Homeschool him,Let him stay home where he would never get hurt again..

Max wouldn't like the idea but he can get use to it.No..

He will get use to it.